AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
11:53 PM on 06/17/14
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.
Awesome review, Mook! I think I may have seen this on Sputnik? Or somewhere else? In any case, you're a seriously talented writer. It all flows so smoothly, and everything is totally comprehensible without sacrificing eloquence or wit.

"...before making a clever slight towards the record he is associated with most." Care to explain? This one was lost on me.
07:42 AM on 06/18/14
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.
pretty sure it's "dot dot dot real man"

Thanks for reading! Fastest Kid in School was where it was originally posted, the site I'm running along with Zac Djamoos. I sincerely appreciate it; there's really something cathartic about being able to relay your detailed opinion about something you feel so strongly about. More than anything, I'm just trying to put my writing out there.

FTank is right; I believe the lyric is, "Be 19 with a joint in hand/Never change the band/Never ever be a dot dot dot Real Man," in response to fans who want him to create ...Is a Real Boy Pt. II

Oh, yeah, coincidentally that's a line I've been meaning to ask about, too. I see people calling out the "dot dot dot real man" as being good, but I don't understand the "dot dot dot"? Is that a reference to something I've forgotten?
08:20 AM on 06/18/14
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.
Haha "dot dot dot" is the spoken version of an ellipses (...), get it?

"dot dot dot Real Man" = ... Real Boy? In context, meaning people don't want him to grow away from ...Is a Real Boy tendencies/mentality.
OH. the ellipsis from the album title. wow. i get it now. and real MAN vs. real BOY. i'm silly. that really is pretty clever though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos