AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

The Downtown Fiction Stream New Album "Losers and...

Posted by: Jason Tate (06/10/14)
The Downtown Fiction are now streaming their new album Losers and Kings on Pandora.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
06:58 PM on 06/10/14
JohnQ85
I've Got A Secret.
User Info.
Halfway through and I'm totally hooked.
08:00 PM on 06/11/14
Trev19
User Info.
Awesome Thanks :)
01:40 PM on 06/16/14
Silent Laughter
sneezes when he sees bright lights
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really liking this. Probably too old to listen to this band (lol), but I couldn't care less, so to hell with any haters. Just a great pop-rock record. They're local, so I've been into them about 5 years and really enjoying their progression. On their debut full length Lets Be Animals, they went from guilty pleasure pop band to legit rock band I wouldn't be ashamed to tell anyone I liked. And this record just keeps that up. Sometimes they recall The Cars, The Academy Is..., All Time Low, latter day The Click Five (that's a compliment), The Friday Night Boys, sometimes even 80s band Enuff Z'nuff (makes me wonder if they listen to them)...regardless its all first rate power pop.

First listened on Friday. Had a rough day, came home, jammed this record, and songs like "Don't Count Me Out" and "So Called Life" were like sonic aspirin, prozac, and Red Bull all rolled into one Perfectly hit the spot. Great F-U songs to people trying to tell you how to live your life, to "grow up", etc. These guys get it. Its like they said, this album is about the human experience - we're all "losers and kings". Doesn't hurt that the music is catchy as hell either. Its like I was meant to hear that album when I did. So thanks, guys.

Also love "Some Place On Earth". The other singles (and all other songs) are growing on me as well. Only issue is its maybe not as diverse as Lets Be Animals or The Pineapple EP, but it could be I just need to listen more. Regardless, they do what they do incredibly well, so reinventing the wheel isn't necessary. So maybe snobs need not apply (though they really do feel like a legit rock band to me since Lets Be Animals, not just guilty pleasure pop band), but I really hope this puts them on the map. Recommended for all open minded pop-rock fans.

Last, I haven't seen them live in a few years, so hopefully they'll book some shows at Jammin Java soon. Surprised they're not doing an album release here Oh well. Maybe they're too big now for that venue? Though other acts of similar or greater popularity still play there (I think...been cutting back on going to shows), so I doubt it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests