AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Saosin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fan Submitted Video of Cove With Saosin

Posted by - 02:42 PM on 06/10/14
We've posted about Cove being brought on stage at the Saosin show and we posted Cove's blog about the experience. Why not post the video too? Hit the replies for the fan submitted video.

Submitted by Masuhdunkillyal

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 55
02:42 PM on 06/10/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
02:47 PM on 06/10/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
Pretty cool.

I wonder how many people knew who he was before he got onstage.
02:51 PM on 06/10/14
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is what I've said about in most posts - it didn't ever feel like Cove was doing anything other than 'filling in' for Anthony whilst in the band. They replaced Anthony with someone who could sing his songs in a similar way. Cove was a massive fan of the band and it's awesome he got to be in a band he loves. It's a bit weird that he worships that guys in the band so much, like it's super nice, but a bit weird considering how long he was in the band, and the fact they kicked him out.
02:55 PM on 06/10/14
MeltingPlastic
201 Native living in the 610
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rock Star 2: The Saosin Story
02:55 PM on 06/10/14
ThaRealNC
User Info.
What a cool moment.
03:37 PM on 06/10/14
OpenIntro
insomniatic
User Info.
This is what I've said about in most posts - it didn't ever feel like Cove was doing anything other than 'filling in' for Anthony whilst in the band. They replaced Anthony with someone who could sing his songs in a similar way. Cove was a massive fan of the band and it's awesome he got to be in a band he loves. It's a bit weird that he worships that guys in the band so much, like it's super nice, but a bit weird considering how long he was in the band, and the fact they kicked him out.
Disagree. The guy genuinely loved the band and genuinely appreciated the opportunity they gave him. The fact that he has no hard feelings and such admiration for them speaks a lot to his character.
04:02 PM on 06/10/14
Grub
User Info.
In saosin Cove>anthony
04:06 PM on 06/10/14
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Disagree. The guy genuinely loved the band and genuinely appreciated the opportunity they gave him. The fact that he has no hard feelings and such admiration for them speaks a lot to his character.
But he did two albums with the band, and then they kicked him out. It's a bit like still being in love with an ex who dumped you in my eyes. The Sao guys (ignoring Anthony) don't actually look like they want him to be on stage at all.
04:35 PM on 06/10/14
RyanPm40
Ryan
User Info.
Why was Cove kicked out, anyway?
04:56 PM on 06/10/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.

Lol.

I don't get it with you kids. Cove was a replacement and he did 2 albums with the band. Anthony did a EP and that's it. By the time most people caught onto Saosin- Anthony had already left or was about to anyways. When they signed to Captiol and actually got mainstream aka very well known was with COVE.

I just find it hilarious when people say comments like this cause Cove wrote the lyrics to the bands biggest (in terms of success) songs like "Voices" and "You're Not Alone". You're discounting his involvement cause you have a nostalgic lock on the EP but 20$ says you never even saw them live with Anthony cause barely ANYONE did back in the day.

Not trying to attack you, just pointing out that this is a silly comment. Cove was a major part of the band for 80% of their existance. It's too bad they didn't have him do Voices when he got on stage.
05:00 PM on 06/10/14
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
But he did two albums with the band, and then they kicked him out. It's a bit like still being in love with an ex who dumped you in my eyes. The Sao guys (ignoring Anthony) don't actually look like they want him to be on stage at all.

Yeah well look at how far they got after kicking Cove out.

They could have bounced back with him and did a proper follow up to S/T but they instead just had Anthony come back to do a couple shows years later.
05:01 PM on 06/10/14
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Why was Cove kicked out, anyway?

They thought he wasn't delivering on his vocals live due to smoking. I wish they have him a chance to clean up and write some stellar jams again. Maybe they did? Who knows.
05:26 PM on 06/10/14
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Imagine if they made a new album that had some of Cove, Anthony, and Tillian on it. would be pretty sweet
05:50 PM on 06/10/14
windigo11
User Info.
They thought he wasn't delivering on his vocals live due to smoking. I wish they have him a chance to clean up and write some stellar jams again. Maybe they did? Who knows.
yeah his live vocals were pretty bad... only saw them once and it was flat boring. he looked singing the set was a chore to get through before doing something else he'd prefer doing instead.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos