Username
Password
Apple/iTunes News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Apple/iTunes
Inside AP.net

Introducing Sidestep; The Concert Goers Bestfriend

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/11/14)
Ever go to a show and have an LP or a shirt you'd really like to buy but don't because you don't want to hinder the concert going experience? That's an issue of the past now. Our dear friend, Eric Jones has created the Sidestep app so solve all your problems. Download the app, find the concert you're going to attend and you can see the band's complete merch table at your finger tips. Choose what you want, enter your payment info and then choose if you want it ready at the table when you leave or have it delivered to your house. Head to the replies to check out the full press release including a short video explaining the app in detail.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 63
09:57 AM on 06/11/14
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Press ReleaseNew York City – Available now for iOS – Sidestep lets fans browse and buy concert merchandise before, during, and after the show for either pickup or delivery. A fan can now view what an artist is selling at concerts and have the ability to pre-order items and pick them up at the show in an expedited line. A fan may also have their order shipped home.

With Sidestep, users can now avoid long lines and take comfort in knowing their order is waiting for them at an exclusive Sidestep table. “It’s about creating an experience that engages your fan base in a brand new way” says Eric Jones, founder of Sidestep and former signed artist. Once at the concert, the fan opens the app and shows a unique barcode to a Sidestep vendor who will then scan and complete the order. Sidestep offers exclusive products to users, flash sales that change daily, and artist throwback items from previous tours. A user can receive push notifications when an artist they follow has any concert updates and have the ability to track their orders all within the app. Payment and shipping information is also stored for seamless transactions.

Sidestep is assisting artists and the music industry by providing extending sales and unique customer insights that were previously unattainable.
10:00 AM on 06/11/14
pirateanarchy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty cool idea. Holding a poster or vinyl the entire show always sucks
10:04 AM on 06/11/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
That's a great idea.
10:04 AM on 06/11/14
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
That's cool will definitely check it out. Even for just knowing the merch before I get to the concert. So I don't have to spend a shit ton of time looking.
10:07 AM on 06/11/14
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Very novel idea, I'll use.
10:10 AM on 06/11/14
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
Downloaded. I usually just wait until the end of the show to buy my merch.
10:12 AM on 06/11/14
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
It's also available on Android. I just downloaded it.
10:12 AM on 06/11/14
EASheartsVinyl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is that what this is for? I've had it to get some cheap stuff from FOB and P!ATD, but I don't remember hearin about this side of it. This is a GREAT idea. I hope it's available for a lot that I will be going to.
10:17 AM on 06/11/14
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
It looks like there's only a few bands/artist registered under this. From Indian Lakes is one of them. Hopefully we'll see more bands use this.
10:19 AM on 06/11/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
"or have it delivered to your house"

... so its a webstore? How 1998 of them!

I don't really see the appeal for this. Maybe if a band is large enough that they can have one dedicated person working the line and willing to put everyone's pre-orders together it can expedite the checkout process because you don't need to wait for the people ahead of you to pick out what they want, pay, etc... but beyond that this really strikes me as someone realizing that merch is the only place bands make money these days so they might as well try and get a cut of that pie too
10:22 AM on 06/11/14
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
It looks like there's only a few bands/artist registered under this. From Indian Lakes is one of them. Hopefully we'll see more bands use this.
I mean, it's fairly new so it'll take some time for it to gain more artists.
10:23 AM on 06/11/14
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
I mean, it's fairly new so it'll take some time for it to gain more artists.
Oh I know. I'm happy someone finally made this app, especially in this day and age.
10:29 AM on 06/11/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I thought "standing in line for merch" was part of the appeal of the "concert going experience" -- not a part ruining it. The whole "being on your phone instead" is the part, IMO, that ruins the experience.
10:40 AM on 06/11/14
pirateanarchy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought "standing in line for merch" was part of the appeal of the "concert going experience" -- not a part ruining it. The whole "being on your phone instead" is the part, IMO, that ruins the experience.
Good point, this will probably add to more people being on their phones at shows...also how will this affect the merch guys/girls that rely on getting tips?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests