AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Mp3 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Mp3
Inside AP.net

Free Music Wednesday: East Forest - "Prana"...

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (06/11/14)
This week's Free Music Wednesday showcases an innovator in the world of yoga, meditation, and the healing arts. East Forest’s Trevor Oswalt has created a new type of aural experience using music as a “technology,” combining modern scientific sound healing knowledge with the organic field recordings of people and places he encounters along the way — a way that can intentionally facilitate a heightened odyssey of body, mind, and spirit.

Reminiscent of Sigur Rós, Balmorhea, Ólafur Arnalds or The Album Leaf, his music weaves ethereal soundscapes from his vintage keys, intimate vocals, and original field recordings. Listen to the blissful, gentle and uplifting Prana EP, and download The Education of the Individual Soul for free, in the replies or over at the official bandcamp page and be sure to share any free (legal) music you may have made or stumbled across in the replies as well!

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
01:52 PM on 06/11/14
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.

NotePlease feel free to include links to free music you want to share with others. If you're going to share a song or music in this thread, it needs to be available legally (Rdio, Spotify, Bandcamp, and things like that) -- please don't post any leaks or copyrighted materials, we don't want to get sued. Also, we like to keep this thread open mostly to unsigned and smaller bands -- come back on Sundays to post recommendations about any and everything.

Love bandcamp? Visit the bandcamp thread to post about your best finds. Want to check out more free music we've posted about? Check the music tag, full album stream tag, and the AbsolutePlaylist.
01:54 PM on 06/11/14
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
This artist was posted on behalf of Lueda Alia!
02:55 PM on 06/11/14
rasberry beret
passing slowly through a vector
User Info.
http://acandlelitevening.bandcamp.com/releases

Here's my friend's EP that I helped him record last weekend. It's sort of rough, but hey, it might be worth a listen!

RIYL: All Time Low. Hit the Lights, Mayday Parade, acoustic stuff.
03:14 PM on 06/11/14
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
not bad, but confused why you posted this here when it's not "free"
06:34 PM on 06/11/14
moura
User Info.
Just had the one year anniversary of my second EP, Leaving, this week so I listed both of my EPs as "Name Your Price"! (Just hit "Buy Now" and enter "0" for the price).
Leaving EP (2013) RIYL: Jimmy Eat World, Mayday Parade, Secondhand Serenade
Sink EP (2012) RIYL: Boys Like Girls, All Time Low
07:03 PM on 06/11/14
Lueda Alia
User Info.
not bad, but confused why you posted this here when it's not "free"
I sent Kyle the link, and forgot to include East Forest's free full length with it (which is free), so that was my bad! Glad to hear you like it though.
10:18 PM on 06/11/14
Dizzy23
User Info.
Band is awesome.
10:21 PM on 06/11/14
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
This artist was posted on behalf of Lueda Alia!
homegirl generally has good recommendations. i feel cheep just making the free d/l, but if it's anything like tycho and grows on me exponentially, i'll end up dropping a ton of cash on the band.
03:01 PM on 06/12/14
avgisdumb
User Info.
Not going to lie, usually when I see these "free music" headlines on Absolute Punk, they are for some less-than-second-rate band, who usually "rocks if you like bad imitation music," not anything close to the band they are "being compared to"....
There is always an exception to every rule, and today I felt a bit adventurous.... I was a healthy amount of skeptical going into checking out this "East Forest" guy, especially because most ambient/electronic comparisons to The Album Leaf are way over-inflated by the composers...
In this case, I have to say, however... as a complete stranger to this guy's catalogue... it is damned fine work! Interesting, dynamic, and relaxing... I'll be adding it to my frequent rotation for ambient/post rock/electronica stuff, along with Explosions, Album Leaf, and Jonsi.....
Not blowing smoke... never heard of this guy before today. Well done.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests