AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Decaydance Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Decaydance Records
Inside AP.net

Pete Wentz Reveals Big Announcement: Decaydance...

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/12/14)
Pete finally revealed his big announcement that he was teasing a few days ago. Decaydance Records has been relaunched as DCD2 Records. In addition to relaunching the label, Pete has signed New Politics and LOLO. The label's first release will be LOLO's debut album to be released this fall. For the time being you can check out the video for her new single, "Hit and Run" in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
09:17 AM on 06/12/14
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Press ReleasePete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) has announced he will relaunch his label Decaydance this month as DCD2 Records. The announcement follows close on the heels of Fall Out Boy's spectacular comeback with the release of gold album Save Rock and Roll, multi-platinum single "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light 'Em Up)" and this summer's massive MONUMENTOUR. DCD2 brings together several of Wentz's protégés under one umbrella. Wentz says, "I'm super excited about this expansion of the label that will allow our bands to grow into new and different things. It's the beginning of our second decade and hopefully we can add to our legacy of lifting up artists. We have found true kindred spirits in New Politics and LOLO and love giving people we believe in a bigger platform."

Wentz's tastemaker radar has an outstanding track record that includes Panic! At The Disco, the first band originally signed to Decaydance, whose first album went platinum, first single went double platinum, and whose most recent album Too Weird To Live! Too Rare To Die! features hit single "Miss Jackson (feat. LOLO)"; Gym Class Heroes and Travie McCoy, who has recorded several platinum & multi-platinum singles including "Billionaire (feat. Bruno Mars)," "Stereo Hearts (feat. Adam Levine)", "Ass Back Home" and "The Fighter (feat. Ryan Tedder)"; and Cobra Starship, who gained notoriety for their smirking synthpop melodies and party-ready pop anthems, including Top 10 Billboard hits "Good Girls Go Bad" and "You Make Me Feel." Wentz's scope is not limited to pop either, and he has previously recruited artists ranging from Young Money alum Tyga to winner of The Voice, Cassadee Pope whose single "Wasting All These Tears" went to number 5 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart.

The label is proud to announce the signing of the first DCD2 artists: New Politics, whose recent smash "Harlem" ruled modern rock radio's top 5 for months and LOLO, who is featured on the aforementioned Top 10 hit from Panic! At The Disco "Miss Jackson" and the recently released single from Matt Nathanson "Headphones."

DCD2's first release will be from LOLO, the Memphis-born, Brooklyn-based singer whose chameleonic voice has been turning heads here and in the UK. LOLO has shared the first single, "Hit and Run," from her forthcoming album with Rolling Stone. Directed by Rob "Whitey" McConnaughy (The Gossip, OFF!, Superchunk, Band of Horses), the video for "Hit & Run" is a cinematic take on the song's subject matter with LOLO playing a Tarantino-esque vigilante killer seeking revenge for a friend. She will join Fall Out Boy onstage as a special guest on the MONUMENTOUR this summer.

New Politics also joins the fold at DCD2 in anticipation of their next release. The band's single "Harlem" was Top 5 at Modern Rock radio for 2 months and follow up "Tonight You're Perfect" reached Top 15 at Modern Rock as well. Both songs were synced across a wide variety of campaigns from the trailer for Disney's "Frozen" to promos for The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon to commercials for Microsoft. The band has toured arenas with the likes of Jane's Addiction, 30 Seconds to Mars and P!nk, and will join Fall Out Boy once again on the MONUMENTOUR. New Politics will also play this Saturday at Download Festival in the UK as well as headline a sold out show at The Old Blue Last in London.

09:27 AM on 06/12/14
ScorchOurBodies
Dead Inside
User Info.
lol
09:30 AM on 06/12/14
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
The only bad part about this whole thing is the name.

There's nothing else there really worth having an opinion about, I think.
09:33 AM on 06/12/14
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
The only bad part about this whole thing is the name.

There's nothing else there really worth having an opinion about, I think.
I think it's exciting. Pete's a smart business guy and even though Decaydance made some blunders in the past, they were great for the scene at the time. Interested to see how he does things this time around.
09:36 AM on 06/12/14
hannahpavlove
User Info.
It was great fun to be a fan of a Decaydance bands back in the day, interested to see how this goes. Enjoyed LOLO's track.
xtbs7645x
User Info.
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I think it's exciting. Pete's a smart business guy and even though Decaydance made some blunders in the past, they were great for the scene at the time. Interested to see how he does things this time around.
I'd tend to agree. Like Pete mentions in this Rolling Stone article (might be worth putting in the news post) they have had success with artists like C. Pope in the past. Pete gets way too much shit for his personal life and not enough respect for his business acumen.
09:39 AM on 06/12/14
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pete likes New Politics? I had no idea.

Kidding aside, I don't object to this, Decaydance had its ups and downs, so intrigued to see how it goes this time around.
09:43 AM on 06/12/14
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd tend to agree. Like Pete mentions in this Rolling Stone article (might be worth putting in the news post) they have had success with artists like C. Pope in the past. Pete gets way too much shit for his personal life and not enough respect for his business acumen.

Right? I mean look at the first 3 artists he signed initially: PATD, Gym Class Heroes and Cobra Starship.

Whether you like all of them or not, they all did very well and most enjoyed at least some of the releases
09:47 AM on 06/12/14
stopshootrepeat
Pro Slacker
User Info.
Decaydance was a waaay more appealing name.
10:08 AM on 06/12/14
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
I still do not forgive him for trying to make Cassadee Pope happen tbh.
10:14 AM on 06/12/14
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
Pete sure does know how to pick them.
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
New Politics are fun live but, man, some of those lyrics are beyond cheesy.
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I can't believe that's the name. What a bad name (from the guy who named his website PropertyOfZack)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests