AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Warped 2014: "Stray from the Main Stage Part...

Posted by: Anthony Sorendino (06/13/14)
Last week we brought you ten bands that you may have overlooked on this year's Warped Tour. We focused on some of the more acoustic and mellow bands, but this week I've enlisted the help of fellow staffer Jake Denning to bring you some of the louder, heavier bands on the tour. We have another ten bands that we've added to the now complete 40 track playlist! Check it out in the replies. The 2014 Vans Warped Tour kicks off today in Houston!

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
08:10 AM on 06/13/14
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
"Warped 2014 - Stray from the Main Stage Part Two"

Click here to listen on Spotify!

21. Teenage Bottlerocket - Skate or Die
22. Teenage Bottlerocket - Via Munich
23. Mixtapes - Anyways
24. Mixtapes - Like Glass
25. Bad Rabbits - Doin' It
26. Bad Rabbits - Can't Fool Me
27. The Spacepimps - Brand New Me (Spotify Only)
28. The Spacepimps - Tradition (Spotify Only)
29. Heart to Heart - In Case You Haven't Noticed
30. Heart to Heart - I Slept it Off

31. Close Your Eyes - The End
32. Close Your Eyes - Heavy Hearts
33. To the Wind - Close to Nothing
34. To the Wind - Hollow
35. Stray From the Path - False Flag
36. Stray From the Path - Damien
37. The Word Alive - Broken Circuit
38. The Word Alive - Play the Victim
39. Terror - The Most High
40. Terror - Stick Tight

Side A

--------------

Teenage Bottlerocket

Hometown: Laramie, WY
Tour Dates: Entire Tour
Stage: Hard Rock Kevin Says

Teenage Bottlerocket encompasses a sound that I think reflects Warped Tour in its early years. Hailing from Laramie, Wyoming, the band is influenced by Screeching Weasel, the Ramones, and Misfits. You might even already know vocalist/guitarist Kody Templeton from his other band, The Lillingtons. The band's most recent release, the 2013 EP American Deutsch Bag, although clocking in under four minutes, is a German themed joyride. Check out "Via Munich" off of that release.

RIYLLess Than Jake, Masked Intruder, NOFX, The Lillingtons

Mixtapes

Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Stage: Ernie Ball Stage

Enter Cincinnati's pop-rock jewel, Mixtapes. There's plenty to like from the band, whether it's their rapidly growing discography, dual-vocals, or consistently solid songwriting. The amount of songs they've released since their inception in 2010 is staggering. We've pulled 2013's "Like Glass" off of Ordinary Silence and "Anyways" off of 2012's Even on the Worst Nights. If you like what you hear, check out "Nothing Can Kill The Grimace" or "Maps" off of their 2010 debut, Maps

RIYLThe Wonder Years, The Starting Line, The Front Bottoms

Bad Rabbits

Hometown: Boston, MA
Stage: Warheads

If you love to dance and get down, you have failed as a music fan by missing Bad Rabbits infectiously groovy set. They were the tour’s best kept secret in 2011, blowing away everyone who came to see them on the Skullcandy stage. If you were looking for your favorite band member, they were most likely watching Bad Rabbits. “Doin’ It” is just one of many examples of why this band rules - we could’ve literally picked dozens of other songs as an example.

RIYLCherub, Bear Hands

The Spacepimps

Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
Tour Dates: July 15th - July 16th

Despite The Spacepimps playing only two stops this summer, we thought Pittsburgh's pop-punkers were worth a mention. Guitarist and vocalist Rishi Bahl is working on his Ph.D. in business and communications while simultaneously playing in the band. I don't think you'll find too many musicians like that this summer. We've got a one-two punch for you on the playlist today from their newest album, 2013's Eternal Boy. Check out "Brand New Me" and "Tradition." If you're in Pittsburgh or Cincinnati, don't miss The Spacepimps!

RIYLSum 41, Better Luck Next Time, The Swellers, I Call Fives, Real Friends

Heart to Heart

Hometown: Pismo Beach, CA
Tour Dates: June 13th - July 13th

Heart to Heart have shared the stage with the likes of Forever Came Calling and The Story so Far. They were signed to Pure Noise in April of last year and have toured extensively since then. Heart to Heart's new album, Dulce comes out on June 17th, so expect to hear some new songs this summer. You can stream the new album here.

RIYLState Champs, Handguns, The Story so Far

Side B

--------------

Close Your Eyes

Hometown: Abilene, Texas
Stage: Ernie Ball

When vocalist Shane Raymond left Close Your Eyes, quite a few people considered the band to be over and done with. However, when the 80’s glam-metal inspired Blessed By A Broken Heart called it a day in mid-2013, guitarist/vocalist Sam Ryder was suddenly without a job - that is, until he tried out and found himself as the new vocalist of Close Your Eyes. Ryder not only kept the band afloat, but elevated the band to entirely brand new level. “The End” is the band’s biggest statement to date, a bold reminder that they’re here to stay.

RIYLA Day to Remember, Kid Liberty, Beartooth

To the Wind

Hometown: Seattle, Washington
Tour Dates: July 15th - August 3rd

Inclusion in this year’s Warped Tour is arguably the biggest milestone for Seattle’s very own To The Wind, a proud by-product of the #NWHC scene. They’ve blown the roof off the Quesadilla Factory, and now they’re going to blow you away on Warped Tour from July 15th onwards. On the cusp of releasing their sophomore full length album Block Out The Sun & Sleep, “Trapped” is an excellent taste of what to expect when you show up to watch them.

RIYLCounterparts, Vanna, Hundreth

Stray from the Path

Hometown: Long Island, New York
Stage: Monster Energy

Out of all the bands on Warped this year, few are as pro-active about bringing a message as Stray From The Path are. The band’s most recent album, Anonymous, dares the listener to question everything around them, and to fight back against the many injustices that plagues America. Land of the free? Where is our liberty?

RIYLThe Ghost Inside, letlive., Stick to Your Guns

The Word Alive

Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona

Do not sleep on The Word Alive, because they are arguably one of the best bands on the tour that’s not on the main stage. Few bands possess the amount of energy and vivaciousness that The Word Alive has, and they look forward to proving that to fans day in and day out of the tour. “Broken Circuit” features a body-tingling build up that ends up dropping you on your head when vocalist (and longtime AP.net user) Tyler “Telle” Smith comes in. The band just released a powerful new record, REAL, which you can pick up at their tent after letting your energy out at their set.

RIYLLike Moths To Flames, The Color Morale, Miss May I

Terror

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

If you’re looking for one of the best hardcore punk bands out on the touring circuit, look no further than Terror. If you’re looking to be inspired and have a renewed outlook on life, look no further than Terror. If you’re looking to say “This is the time of my life, I won’t forget”, look no further than Terror. Show some respect for some living legends.

RIYLMadball, Comeback Kid, Parkway Drive

08:23 AM on 06/13/14
jrockisthebest
jrock is my nickname
User Info.
so terror is the ghost inside?
08:27 AM on 06/13/14
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
That RIYL for TWA doesn't seem right...
08:52 AM on 06/13/14
mbarney82
User Info.
That's awkward
08:59 AM on 06/13/14
Anthony Sorendino
User Info.
That RIYL for TWA doesn't seem right...
Any alternatives? I'd be happy to include them.
09:16 AM on 06/13/14
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
I'm not sure having The Spacepimps' song open with "That was super gay, you guys" is a good idea.
09:59 AM on 06/13/14
Anthony Sorendino
User Info.
I'm not sure having The Spacepimps' song open with "That was super gay, you guys" is a good idea.
Which song is that?
10:06 AM on 06/13/14
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
The video embedded in the playlist. Pretty sure the crowd cheers "One more song, ******" a couple of times in the beginning as well. Not great.
10:18 AM on 06/13/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
Fixed it.
10:31 AM on 06/13/14
Anthony Sorendino
User Info.

Ah, thanks guys. I wasn't sure what you were talking about. I blame Google image search...

It must have popped up because of the feuding between those two bands.
10:40 AM on 06/13/14
Anthony Sorendino
User Info.

The video embedded in the playlist. Pretty sure the crowd cheers "One more song, ******" a couple of times in the beginning as well. Not great.

I replaced that with another video. FourStarters, thanks for pointing that out.
01:28 PM on 06/13/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Thanks for including my suggestions, Anthony! Lots of cool stuff on this playlist.
01:41 PM on 06/13/14
Anthony Sorendino
User Info.
Thanks for including my suggestions, Anthony! Lots of cool stuff on this playlist.
Thanks for the help!

I've never had a longer list of bands to see at Warped Tour! I have this playlist to thank for that.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests