AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Morrissey News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Morrissey's Guitarist Slams "Facebook Hatred"

Posted by - 12:25 PM on 06/13/14
Drama is everywhere! Morrissey canceled his current tour and the statement said that it was due to a respiratory infection that he believes he caught from opening act Kristeen Young. She then released a statement denying she was sick, and that she just had allergies. Now, Morrissey's guitarist, Jesse Tobias, has posted a statement on True to You responding to this "Facebook hatred." The full thing is in the replies.
Only speaking from my experience, with the crew and Moz falling ill in Miami, for Kristeen to deny she was truly sick seems disingenuous. I was told after the show in Miami by Crew and Security that there was some concern because Kristeen was obviously unwell. Our crew then tried to keep her at a reasonable distance but being in such close quarters for months these things sometimes happen.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 50
12:26 PM on 06/13/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
StatementIt's been quite Disheartening to see the "Facebook" Hatred thrown about by Our Former Friends/ Working Partners Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti.
I do feel that Someone needs to Speak Up for Moz in this situation as it is unbearable to watch people you once trusted , Attack and Pick Away at your Friend.
In my experience ANYONE associated with the Morrissey Camp know they are solely there because of Morrissey himself.
He chooses to tour/ work with certain people.
For Kristeen and Tony Visconti to go on about Her being better off now, without considering Morrissey's 9 years of help and promotion is Very Disappointing.
Only speaking from my experience, with the crew and Moz falling ill in Miami, for Kristeen to deny she was truly sick seems disingenuous.
I was told after the show in Miami by Crew and Security that there was some concern because Kristeen was obviously unwell.
Our crew then tried to keep her at a reasonable distance but being in such close quarters for months these things sometimes happen.
I am Upset that in this situation Kristeen could not take the tour as a whole into consideration and just comply with the postponement announcement.
One could only assume it was necessary for her to justify herself and ultimately receive some promotion out of the matter.
This combined with Tony Visconti's Parrot Like affirmation on "Facebook" that "she is better off, is Morrissey Capable of being handled?" is Repulsive.
This is a MAN who worked closely with us on a record and several sessions that Suddenly flips into Schoolgirl mode with "yeah you tell em" Chatter...??

Good Riddance to False Friends.

Jesse Tobias
12:29 PM on 06/13/14
sammyboy516
User Info.
He could've avoided this by just saying he got sick and not feeling the need to say she got him sick whether she did or not.
12:30 PM on 06/13/14
neo506
Ten Stories
User Info.
Sounds like Jesse found his next album title:

Brand New- Good Riddance to False Friends
12:31 PM on 06/13/14
classys
User Info.
How the fuck does he know she got him sick?
12:32 PM on 06/13/14
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
User Info.
Is this Jr. High?
12:33 PM on 06/13/14
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
this whole thing is absolutely stupid.
12:36 PM on 06/13/14
cove5859
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really don't like the way he capitalizes random words.
12:44 PM on 06/13/14
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Why does he Type like This
12:44 PM on 06/13/14
D' Evils
User Info.
Morrisey and all the drama that surrounds him is fucking disgusting... this dude just needs to go away.
12:47 PM on 06/13/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHA.
01:03 PM on 06/13/14
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
I didn't realize morrisey blamed being sick on his opening act. What a stupid fuck.
01:04 PM on 06/13/14
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
He's the worst
01:04 PM on 06/13/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I didn't realize morrisey blamed being sick on his opening act. What a stupid fuck.
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
01:05 PM on 06/13/14
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.
wAtch KristEEn cOUGH Up a few mEDicaL records showing it WAS allergies pretty sOon...

Also, what sounds like what sidelined Moz a bunch of times seems to be common infection and immune issues relating to his veg diet. Dude might want to take some synthetic meat-free Omega 3 fatty acids and stop pointing his finger at others for his own choices in regards to his own health

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos