AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Gaslight Anthem News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Redbull Interview with Brian Fallon on New Gaslight Anthem Album

Posted by - 12:48 PM on 06/17/14
Begging for more information about The Gaslight Anthem's new album, Get Hurt? Check out an interview at RedBull with Brian Fallon.
I just got the masters back two or three weeks ago, I hadn't listened to them in a while. But now they sound good to me, I mean it sounds exactly like what we set out to do. Initially, when you first hear it, you're like, “Oh, this is different.” There's also some comfort songs on there -- some that I think sound similar to previous records. But we try to put a little extra in there so it didn't sound too out there. We didn't go totally insane. It's leading people along, not frustrating anyone.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
01:05 PM on 06/17/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
Beyond excited for this. Gonna be a top album of the year for sure.
01:11 PM on 06/17/14
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
Ah, yes, interviews that don't really expose anything.
01:16 PM on 06/17/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I worry that this might be their One by One, but we'll see. Fingers crossed.
01:19 PM on 06/17/14
ReidAR27
let's chop cats! let's chop cats!
User Info.
I loved all their previous work. So when I hear that it's different it makes me a bit nervous. Staying optimistic though and counting down the days.
01:47 PM on 06/17/14
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Brian Fallon looks like a young John Lithgow.
02:23 PM on 06/17/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
can't wait. gaslight has always been a very good band who never really went out the box. I think that branching out and trying out new things is going to be excellent for them. my interest for gaslight was more or less at zero since the last album, but the song clip and the way this album is getting talked about has me stoked
02:35 PM on 06/17/14
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Because of the heart?haha Nah I can see where you're coming from, some decent songs but makes them absolutely huge when the bak catalogue is infinitely better.
06:45 PM on 06/17/14
duckingfyslexic
www.facebook.com/stjameshotel
User Info.
I'm excited to hear Sharon Jones.
06:48 PM on 06/17/14
Ben Lee
Gold light breaks behind the houses
User Info.

Considering that album did commercially well, went platinum, had multiple smash singles, and won a Grammy... I HOPE this is that album for them.
08:43 PM on 06/17/14
Fil_22
User Info.
Hoping for some new Gaslight songs when I see them this weekend!
09:41 PM on 06/17/14
kyleabent
Shaman
User Info.
Compare this interview to that of "Handwritten". Brian Fallon sounded alot more optimistic in the "Handwritten" interview stating he doesn't care if anyone likes it, because of how much he loves it (paraphrasing). Now compare that enthusiam to this album's interview of "Oh well i got the master 2 weeks ago and I haven't listened to it much but basically our goal was to do something different". Well now, how boring does that sound?

I'm not really looking forward to the album based on the artwork, track listing, interview.

Edit: Although "Get Hurt" & "Helter Skeleton" are interesting titles...
11:42 PM on 06/17/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Compare this interview to that of "Handwritten". Brian Fallon sounded alot more optimistic in the "Handwritten" interview stating he doesn't care if anyone likes it, because of how much he loves it (paraphrasing). Now compare that enthusiam to this album's interview of "Oh well i got the master 2 weeks ago and I haven't listened to it much but basically our goal was to do something different". Well now, how boring does that sound?

I'm not really looking forward to the album based on the artwork, track listing, interview.

Edit: Although "Get Hurt" & "Helter Skeleton" are interesting titles...
This is what I worry about as well.
11:43 PM on 06/17/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Considering that album did commercially well, went platinum, had multiple smash singles, and won a Grammy... I HOPE this is that album for them.
Hey man, if that's your thing...but fans and the band alike have expressed discontent with the amount of filler on that album.
12:24 AM on 06/18/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hey man, if that's your thing...but fans and the band alike have expressed discontent with the amount of filler on that album.
My favorite Foo Fighters album and I don't even care. "In Your Honor" is the filer album IMO.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos