AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rise Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Emily's Army to Release "Swim" on July 22nd

Posted by - 07:02 PM on 06/17/14
Emily's Army will release their new EP, Swim, on July 22nd.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
08:22 PM on 06/17/14
greenguy1
User Info.
Cool. Hopefully its more of a summer sounding surf-rock record. I feel like that's their true sound and that's what they're best at.
03:13 AM on 06/18/14
OverSlyZed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Overhyped Green Day clone
11:10 AM on 06/18/14
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
Overhyped Green Day clone
You obviously never listened to them because they sound nothing like Green Day. I also don't see how they're overhyped, I literally don't know anyone who likes them.

Cool. Hopefully its more of a summer sounding surf-rock record. I feel like that's their true sound and that's what they're best at.
I agree. The surf rock sound they're kinda heading to would be a nice idea to go with. I don't think there is any young surf rock band in the scene right now, that would a hole to fill. It would also help give them their own identity. They don't sound like Green Day but they're definitely seen as "the band with Billie Joe's son".
12:12 PM on 06/20/14
greenguy1
User Info.
You obviously never listened to them because they sound nothing like Green Day. I also don't see how they're overhyped, I literally don't know anyone who likes them.

I agree. The surf rock sound they're kinda heading to would be a nice idea to go with. I don't think there is any young surf rock band in the scene right now, that would a hole to fill. It would also help give them their own identity. They don't sound like Green Day but they're definitely seen as "the band with Billie Joe's son".
Exactly. I think they're just way better at doing that. When they're doing the pop-punk stuff, you have to admit, it does sound a lot like Green Day, they're always going to have that hanging over their shoulders for the rest of their lives, but I feel like they'd get more of a name for themselves if they did more of a sound that no one else is doing right now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos