AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Dear Hunter News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Casey Crescenzo's "Amour & Attrition" Places on Nine...

Posted by - 11:13 PM on 06/17/14
The debut symphony from Casey Crescenzo, Amour & Attrition, has earned the number one spots atop Billboard's Traditional Classical and Top Classical Albums Charts, number two on the Classical Albums Chart, and number seven on the Heatseeker Albums Chart. The full press release can be found in the replies and if you missed the episode of our podcast talking to Casey about the project, now's a good time to check it out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
11:14 PM on 06/17/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Press ReleaseJUN 16 - Amour & Attrition, the debut symphony of Casey Crescenzo (multi-instrumentalist frontman to The Dear Hunter) has debuted on NINE Billboard Charts.

In its first week, Amour & Attrition has earned #1 spots atop Billboard’s Traditional Classical and Top Classical Albums Charts, #2 on the Classical Albums Chart, #7 on the Heatseeker Albums Chart, as well as impressive rankings on the Heatseekers – Northeast, Heatseekers - Middle Atlantic, Heatseekers – Pacific, Independent Albums, and Top Current Albums Charts!

Amour & Attrition was performed live and recorded in the Czech Republic with the Brno Philharmonic Orchestra under the direction of conductor Mikel Toms, this past November. The project was funded by over 1,200 supporters through crowdfunding platform PledgeMusic, exceeding its goal in just a couple of weeks and allowing Crescenzo to fulfill his longtime dream of writing and recording his very own symphony with a full orchestra.

The classical symphony was self-released through Cave & Canary Goods - Crescenzo’s imprint label within Equal Vision Records. The album is available now digitally through iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and more. CDs/vinyl of the album can be ordered through MerchNOW.

This Summer, The Dear Hunter will head out on a US co-headline tour with RX Bandits, and supporting act From Indian Lakes. The tour will kick off on July 11 in St. Petersburg and wrap up on August 17 in Houston, with additional headline dates for The Dear Hunter starting on July 5. All upcoming tour dates for The Dear Hunter can be found below. Tickets and VIP upgrades are available now at thedearhunter.com/dates.

Following the upcoming tour dates, The Dear Hunter will enter the studio to record the highly anticipated follow-up to Migrant, the band's latest release.
11:34 PM on 06/17/14
InfiniteArms
Oh, the places you'll go!
User Info.
I still haven't received my digital download of this after backing it on pledge music.
01:12 AM on 06/18/14
Sanzen
Ricocheting
User Info.
His main competition is a boring Catholic choir singing hymns the world has heard ten billion times and dubstep with strings.

Not that he's not talented as fuck, but this press release is sort of like, "haha, look at how I conquered an obscure genre of music!"

Love the dude anyway.
01:17 AM on 06/18/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Obscure? Is that really what we'd call classical music now?
04:08 AM on 06/18/14
Fourchordwonder
Love was a war worth fighting.
User Info.
For anyone here who follows classical music (I certainly don't): Is this something that generally happens when an artist with decent name recognition and a body of work outside of the classical world releases something that qualifies for the classical chart? And how many units does a "chart topping" new classical release usually sell? Not to take away from the dude's achievement at all, but is this really that surprising?
05:14 AM on 06/18/14
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
I used to listen to classical whenever I had to study in college and I swear it helped. Anything was better than my roommate blasting T Pain though, I suppose.
06:46 AM on 06/18/14
kbi the crowing
dr( )ning the days away
User Info.
I still haven't received my digital download of this after backing it on pledge music.

You should be able to log into your pledgemusic account and download it from there. There was an email sent out a while ago.
06:59 AM on 06/18/14
dejadegaussed
User Info.
There'd be no Blink without Bach
07:35 AM on 06/18/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
His main competition is a boring Catholic choir singing hymns the world has heard ten billion times and dubstep with strings.

Not that he's not talented as fuck, but this press release is sort of like, "haha, look at how I conquered an obscure genre of music!"

Love the dude anyway.
Lololololol
07:45 AM on 06/18/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
:(
08:24 AM on 06/18/14
Junction183
User Info.
There'd be no Blink without Bach
this is the quote of the day.
09:53 AM on 06/18/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I meant it in a "I don't think that's quite true" way.
09:55 AM on 06/18/14
Sanzen
Ricocheting
User Info.
I meant it in a "I don't think that's quite true" way.
I mean, you have to click "additional genres" in the genre dropdown on the Billboard site to find classical. I think that qualifies as obscure.
09:58 AM on 06/18/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I mean, you have to click "additional genres" in the genre dropdown on the Billboard site to find classical. I think that qualifies as obscure.
I'm not willing to call it based on their bad UI.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos