Username
Password
UK News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UK
Inside AP.net

Seventeen Interviews The 1975

Posted by: Jason Tate (06/18/14)
Seventeen Magazine have "interviewed" The 1975.
With their seriously cute rocker looks, it's no surprise that the boys admitted they've "got, like, briefcases full of bras" from fans. But in case you've sent a special gift to the guys, you'll be happy to know that they keep them all! "We keep everything. We keep absolutely everything. But we canít fit everything in our [apartment] anymore. Itís too much stuff!" said Matthew. The coolest thing they've ever gotten? "[Puzzles] of our own faces. That was pretty cool."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
01:47 PM on 06/18/14
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Having recently seen them whilst on holiday in the US at Gov Ball, and walking past The House of Blues in New Orleans the night they were playing, it's kind of crazy how much of their audience is super young girls. Also meant I felt a bit creepy/old being in the crowd for them.
01:53 PM on 06/18/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I haven't felt this "excited" about a band blowing up in a long while. I remember when it happened with Fun, and of course Fall Out Boy and the like, but seeing it happen to these guys brings an excitement different than the Fun explosion. It's probably because with Fun it was almost a relief ... I was so damn relieved that Nate and company finally got the praise and adoration they so deserved. With Paramore's continued domination I've had this constant feeling of it being self-evident (that the songs were too good for it not to happen). With the 1975 it's a different kind of excitement watching it.
01:53 PM on 06/18/14
Robb
ism
User Info.
Having recently seen them whilst on holiday in the US at Gov Ball, and walking past The House of Blues in New Orleans the night they were playing, it's kind of crazy how much of their audience is super young girls. Also meant I felt a bit creepy/old being in the crowd for them.
Yeah, it was awkward being literally almost twice the age of like 3/4 of the crowd.
02:02 PM on 06/18/14
climaXTheatrix
User Info.
Yeah, it was awkward being literally almost twice the age of like 3/4 of the crowd.
Turned me off from their live show. Standing probably a foot taller than everyone else made it feel like I wasn't even in a crowd of people, but rather a crowd of crawling whining tweenerz.
02:04 PM on 06/18/14
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
I haven't felt this "excited" about a band blowing up in a long while. I remember when it happened with Fun, and of course Fall Out Boy and the like, but seeing it happen to these guys brings an excitement different than the Fun explosion. It's probably because with Fun it was almost a relief ... I was so damn relieved that Nate and company finally got the praise and adoration they so deserved. With Paramore's continued domination I've had this constant feeling of it being self-evident (that the songs were too good for it not to happen). With the 1975 it's a different kind of excitement watching it.
For me, at least, the Paramore situation is different to the Fun. and 1975 explosion. Paramore's newest release was, in my opinion, sub standard. Whereas with Fun. and The 1975, I feel it was deserved on the basis of the music.
02:07 PM on 06/18/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
For me, at least, the Paramore situation is different to the Fun. and 1975 explosion. Paramore's newest release was, in my opinion, sub standard. Whereas with Fun. and The 1975, I feel it was deserved on the basis of the music.
Well, as someone that belives the latest Paramore album is far and away their best and most poised for mainstream success -- I'd disagree. The songs are incredibly strong.
02:35 PM on 06/18/14
smowashere
I am Groot.
User Info.
I agree, I haven't felt so genuinely excited for a band gaining stream as I have with The 1975. And I also agree that I felt uncomfortable as a 22-year old guy at their most recent show with the amount of young girls. When I saw them in Chicago in October at a small venue, the crowd was pretty mixed but I would say more mature. I think it's partly due to tumblr eating these guys up.
02:47 PM on 06/18/14
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Kind of confused why interviewed is in quotations. But I'm happy these guys are getting continued success. Really nice dudes.
02:49 PM on 06/18/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Kind of confused why interviewed is in quotations. But I'm happy these guys are getting continued success. Really nice dudes.
It's not really an interview as much as it is some random quotes. Plus I put things in quotes weirdly apparently (as my other post in this thread has "excited" in quotes for a reason I can't remember now).
03:02 PM on 06/18/14
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
It's not really an interview as much as it is some random quotes. Plus I put things in quotes weirdly apparently (as my other post in this thread has "excited" in quotes for a reason I can't remember now).
Haha. True. It's about as good of an interview as Seventeen does. At least they touched on the One Direction thing. I like how he was like "Yea, whatever. If it makes it, it makes it."
03:28 PM on 06/18/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
agreed. feels like how it felt when fall out boy got huge, but i was like 13 at the time so i didnt appreciate it since 13 year olds suck and hate when things they like get popular.
03:38 PM on 06/18/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
agreed. feels like how it felt when fall out boy got huge, but i was like 13 at the time so i didnt appreciate it since 13 year olds suck and hate when things they like get popular.
I somehow lucked into that never really upsetting me in the same way. Maybe it was because Blink182 and MxPx were already past the "they sold out" stage when I first started listening to them ... but while I definitely had acquaintances (or people online) that would use "you like the same bands teenage girls like" against me, or looked down upon the fact I liked popular bands, it never upset me the way it definitely upsets a lot of people. I've always wanted the bands I liked to be more popular, to have more fans, to be rich and famous and the like.
04:10 PM on 06/18/14
dontsneeze
User Info.
Same experience here. Really happy for the band and their success, though.
04:29 PM on 06/18/14
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.
Ironically, your feelings on Paramore were my exact feelings on the 1975 haha. I remember when the first Sex music video came out, I found an older version of Chocolate floating around on Tumblr and thought "if they rerecorded this, it would be massive".
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests