Username
Password
No Sleep Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
No Sleep Records
Inside AP.net

Mixtapes' "Ordinary Silence" on Bandcamp

Posted by: Jason Tate (06/20/14)
No Sleep has posted Mixtapes' latest record, Ordinary Silence, on Bandcamp with "pay-what-you-want" pricing.

Submitted by Vance Mook

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
11:36 AM on 06/20/14
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Excellent album and you obviously can't beat the price.
11:56 AM on 06/20/14
Jasonhxc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I dunno. I always thought of these guys as generic pop-punk. Not into the vocals at all.
11:58 AM on 06/20/14
uofmhockey07
User Info.
i loved how maura was involved more vocally on this record. very good album. especially since it was released only a year after their previous one.
12:09 PM on 06/20/14
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
I dunno. I always thought of these guys as generic pop-punk. Not into the vocals at all.
That's odd, I thought the exact opposite when I heard the vocals. When I first heard them, I thought Ryan sounded like Chris from Less Than Jake, and Maura sounded like Kristin from Tsunami Bomb. And combined? Needless to say I was hooked! But to each their own of course.
12:20 PM on 06/20/14
crookedneighbor
now with more fiber
User Info.
Got to respect anyone who doesn't charge for digital music, you know? Also Mixtapes are so fucking dope it hurts.
12:42 PM on 06/20/14
J.Dick
User Info.
Thanks for posting this. I forgot to get this last year.
02:55 PM on 06/20/14
timorous_me
http://www.PunksInVegas.com
User Info.
If you're going to Warped do not miss these guys! They had the best set yesterday in Vegas. They were last on the stage so they were able to squeeze in extra tracks and played a mostly all request set (I finally got to hear "Hope if for people" live!).
05:21 PM on 06/20/14
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you're going to Warped do not miss these guys! They had the best set yesterday in Vegas. They were last on the stage so they were able to squeeze in extra tracks and played a mostly all request set (I finally got to hear "Hope if for people" live!).
I'm so stoked to see them. It's been a couple years since they've played Indiana.
05:22 PM on 06/20/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Also they have no touring planned after other than fest, so I highly recommend catching them at warped.
07:44 PM on 06/20/14
Tommy
Patiently Waiting Anxiously
User Info.
These guys don't get nearly enough of the love they deserve from everyone. Including myself. Love everything they do.
05:51 AM on 06/21/14
slickdtc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love when bands/labels offer stuff for Name Your Own Price. It actually encourages me to pay something for extending that option of allowing you to download for free. I assume I'm in the minority here, but point stands.

Bandcamp (and the app) have been a life saver for me. I've been without a computer for a couple months now, so my music library has been stagnant. But when you download from Bandcamp, it adds to your collection within the app even though I can't actually download to my phone to be played through the music player.

I never got as into this album as I did with the previous release, but now that I own I suspect I'll give it more time.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests