AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Warped Tour News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Ryan Rockwell Discusses Warped Tour Thing on Podcast

Posted by - 02:10 AM on 06/24/14
Ryan Rockwell from Mixtapes sort of tried to explain his side of the incident at Warped Tour on his podcast. I listened to most of this thing and didn't hear the words "I'm sorry" used once, and I'm still a little confused why this wasn't what he immediately said on Twitter instead of the sarcastic "yeah?" he posted soon after. Couldn't the easy response have been, "it was a horrible joke gone wrong, I immediately corrected myself and am an idiot, I am so sorry I said that" on Twitter? That would have obviously been reported if he tweeted that instead.
I always like to mess with the rest of my band if theyíre talking. Maura was talking about that situation and I wasnít really thinking about it, I was just trying to interrupt the flow of the conversation. So I was like ďNo, no fuck Tigers Jaw. Just kiss whoever you want.Ē Thatís the only thing I said. [...] I donít mean "fuck Tigers Jaw," I have nothing against them. The thing no one seems to be reporting is that, at the end of that song, two minutes later, I stopped and said, "By the way, obviously I was being stupid. Donít kiss people who donít want to be kissed.Ē I said that within two minutes, but no one seems to care.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 158
02:13 AM on 06/24/14
BrucexLee
User Info.
This sort of clears the water a bit.
It's still safe to not joke about certain things because it can escalade from bad to worse in a second.
02:17 AM on 06/24/14
Amongster
Again And Again
User Info.
It's still safe to not joke about certain things because it can escalade from bad to worse in a second.

That's like saying, "Don't commit a crime because you could get caught." How about don't joke about certain things because they shouldn't be joked about?
02:46 AM on 06/24/14
BrucexLee
User Info.
That's like saying, "Don't commit a crime because you could get caught." How about don't joke about certain things because they shouldn't be joked about?

Either/or, both of our reasons back up why some things shouldn't be joked about.

That's all that needs to done.
03:30 AM on 06/24/14
qwerty22
--
User Info.
Ok I sort of get that he was trying to be a harmless idiot instead of a harmful one. But you're definitely right about there being better ways to handle this.
03:44 AM on 06/24/14
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
After 3 to 5 threads about this and ridiculously lengthy responses and debates I think some people should know when to be able to take a step back and look at a situation for what it is. An off the cuff joke that involves "kissing" should not have invoked such anger nor do I believe it makes an obligation for someone to give apologies. Get over it.
04:25 AM on 06/24/14
stevieoao
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Leave the guy alone, fuck. If in his mind he meant it in a way that wasn't in any way meant to be offensive then he obviously doesn't feel an apology is due. He's explained himself now. Let it go.
04:44 AM on 06/24/14
badstarsfall
User Info.
Eh, it would have been easy enough to say, "Sorry about that, I said something stupid and didn't really mean to offend anyone."

But let's not compare a tasteless joke to a criminal act. I'm not defending what he said, though I will defend his right to say it. Who is anyone to tell anyone else what is and is not sacred?
04:44 AM on 06/24/14
BlackTaxi2d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why is this site making such a big deal out of this shit, can we get back to music

this is your brain on feminism
05:23 AM on 06/24/14
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
"If you’re part of the punk/hardcore/indie/whatever scene, you don’t usually kiss someone that doesn’t want to be kissed."

what
05:27 AM on 06/24/14
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why is this site making such a big deal out of this shit, can we get back to music

This is one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen and you should feel stupid for posting it.

That said, Ryan is a dumb dude and said something dumb that didn't turn out to be as harmless as he meant it to. No point dwelling on it, his band is breaking up anyway.
05:29 AM on 06/24/14
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
This is one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen and you should feel stupid for posting it.

That said, Ryan is a dumb dude and said something dumb that didn't turn out to be as harmless as he meant it to. No point dwelling on it, his band is breaking up anyway.
And how do you know this?
05:43 AM on 06/24/14
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
Jesus Christ. This is still being talked about?
05:52 AM on 06/24/14
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.

I mean this in the nicest way possible - you can shut the fuck up right now.
06:03 AM on 06/24/14
BrucexLee
User Info.

I am the feminism

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests