AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rise Against News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rise Against Talk New Album, "There's No Pleasing All Those...

Posted by - 02:12 PM on 06/30/14
Rise Against talk to AltPress and are aware they're not going to please everyone with their music.
There’s no pleasing all of those people. All you can do is turn to yourself and make the songs that you want, and know they may not be for everybody. There is no song for everybody. It’s what makes us feel good at the end of the day. The only pressure we feel is the pressure we put on ourselves. So we take risks and we’re far past the point of wondering what people will think of them. We just make choices with our guts, which is something we’ve done for awhile.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
02:14 PM on 06/30/14
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
so...when are they gonna start taking risks?
02:31 PM on 06/30/14
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
Yeah rise against sucks wooo yeahh same riff over and over wooo
02:47 PM on 06/30/14
NFG4ever
Let's go RED WINGS !!
User Info.
Super pumped for this album!!!
03:20 PM on 06/30/14
JohnQ85
I've Got A Secret.
User Info.
"Yeah I mean, even Led Zeppelin didnt write songs that everyone likes, they left that to the Beegees." LOL
03:21 PM on 06/30/14
burnstarsteve
Swimmin' with bow-legged women
User Info.
Regardless of whether it actually materializes in the music (first two singles sound like typical Rise Against to me), this is the proper attitude to have. Thrice embraced the idea early on and certainly lost a lot of fans as a result, but now they have a super diverse catalog they can be proud of instead of regretting all the risks they couldn't take just to please some whiny, entitled kids and/or blowhard critics.
04:12 PM on 06/30/14
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
so far I only heard two songs...one I absolutely love, and the other I hated...so I'm afraid to even thing what the album sounds like
04:42 PM on 06/30/14
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Regardless of whether it actually materializes in the music (first two singles sound like typical Rise Against to me), this is the proper attitude to have. Thrice embraced the idea early on and certainly lost a lot of fans as a result, but now they have a super diverse catalog they can be proud of instead of regretting all the risks they couldn't take just to please some whiny, entitled kids and/or blowhard critics.

I like this. Even if this album isn't a game changer it's still going to sound like Rise Against and I'll like it. All the people sentimentally attached to RPM/Siren Song/SATW will always have those albums and need to stop bitching about them still going at it.
06:23 PM on 06/30/14
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Makes me think there will be a few slower tempo tracks and more variety, a bit like Sufferer although I doubt it will match that record's greatness. Eco-Terrorist is a jam, and I Don't Wanna Be Here Anymoer has actually grown on me a bit. It's faster and has a bit more kick than most of the last album.
07:44 PM on 06/30/14
adamKS
User Info.
THIS.
07:09 AM on 07/01/14
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
this indeed
09:34 AM on 07/01/14
beachdude42
https://twitter.com/beachdude42
User Info.
I've dug the first two singles a lot, and in any case I'm glad they're doing what they want.
10:03 AM on 07/01/14
MObassman
Slappin' da bass in El Famous
User Info.
So many times a band will take a risk, change their sound a bit, and they get people complaining that they like their "old stuff" better. Yet at the same time, a band doesn't change their sound too much and people still complain that they didn't take any risks.

People are always complaining, so fuck it, make the music you want to make.
04:03 PM on 07/01/14
hco7393
Black & Death Metal Enthusiast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They're a bunch of pop-writing hippies that are extremely hypocritical. I'm still surprised that people buy their stuff, these guys suck, and have for years.
03:58 AM on 07/02/14
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
I'm glad he's at least challenging himself in his writing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos