AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Acoustic News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

A Skylit Drive - "Rise" [Acoustic Video]

Posted by - 10:48 AM on 07/03/14
A Skylit Drive have released an acoustic version of "Rise" -- it's in the replies.

Submitted by B.Leibo

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
10:49 AM on 07/03/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:58 AM on 07/03/14
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
Impressed by his intonation here. Also nice to see an "acoustic" version that's actually unplugged.
11:03 AM on 07/03/14
SmileWithASmirk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jag has is style mastered. Good shit.
11:10 AM on 07/03/14
Niko John
https://twitter.com/nikovercelletto
User Info.
Jag has pipes, but I think I'm starting to get over metalcore. This acoustic rendition nor the album does anything for me.
11:32 AM on 07/03/14
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
User Info.
i love his voice and I've loved this band for a long time, but I can't get into anything past wires.
12:13 PM on 07/03/14
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
User Info.
^ this. But I liked Jordan too. I think Adelphia had a song that i liked, while Identity On Fire had 4 good songs...Rise had none.

btw, pretty good Lip Syncing on this vid
01:53 PM on 07/03/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
Could not for the life of me get into rise, the album was so bland to me. SWTS and Wires are great, adelphia was ok, Identity was good.
04:20 PM on 07/03/14
BobDylanismyman
OhShitIGotAHeadRush
User Info.
i think this is by far their most mature and solid album as a whole. Might have been a cool idea to change the name or something because people seem to write them off so quickly now a days. Rough industry out there.
03:14 PM on 07/05/14
Rockaa
User Info.
ep is still the best... although wires was probably good as the ep... adelphia was pretty impressive too except for adelphia track, thank god, and the interlude...

on identity there were 4 good tracks... and on rise I liked like two tracks...

this acoustic is good but I am pretty sure the best times of this band are over.

and I miss joey.

btw jordan blake's new band speak of the devil is going to release their debut song tomorrow...

they have a full line up for a band and even a second vocalist...
10:37 AM on 07/07/14
xName Takenx
User Info.
ep is still the best... although wires was probably good as the ep... adelphia was pretty impressive too except for adelphia track, thank god, and the interlude...

on identity there were 4 good tracks... and on rise I liked like two tracks...

this acoustic is good but I am pretty sure the best times of this band are over.

and I miss joey.

btw jordan blake's new band speak of the devil is going to release their debut song tomorrow...

they have a full line up for a band and even a second vocalist...
I agree with you up until adelphia. I hated adelphia, I thought it was easily their weakest album; a pile of forgetful songs that seemed to be written to ride the Wires train. I thought Identity was decent, and Rise I listened to once.

Thanks for the update on Jordan, will have to check it out. I try to google him every couple months to see what he's up to as I enjoy his vocals; you saved me the effort :)
10:01 AM on 08/06/14
Rockaa
User Info.
really ? i think prelude, a boy without a demon, eva, those cannons, heaven, i swear, its not ironic are one of the greatest songs in asd history + xo skeleton from identity on fire...

and yea jordan released a new song with his band but it's too polished if u ask me.
some screaming of him in the verses would be epic...

some more chaotic stuff like he used to do with old asd or like the first btf album ...

i think btf his last walk and asd ep are awesome because of the two vocals from jordan + brian
and craig + jared ...

same goes for alesana...

a lot of stuff is too "normal" "standard core" ish ... nowadays
08:10 PM on 10/07/14
photOakes
What's it going to be then, eh?
User Info.
Personally, I think their newer albums are better. Reason for this is that they are maturing as writers and Jag is starting to not strain his voice as much on records, thus making the live shows more realistic and not losing his voice halfway through because he isn't trying to over-extend his range.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos