AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Morrissey News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream Morrissey's New Album

Posted by - 09:31 AM on 07/07/14
Listen to Morrissey's new album, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, in full over at NPR.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
09:55 AM on 07/07/14
livinginpixels
User Info.
It's already a Penguin Classic
10:05 AM on 07/07/14
Aaron Mook
Attic Sounds
User Info.
His best since "Vauxhall & I". Love "Neal Cassidy Drops Dead"
10:14 AM on 07/07/14
the seventeenth
work in progress
User Info.
Nope
10:17 AM on 07/07/14
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Great album.
11:16 AM on 07/07/14
Tim McCall
TBD
User Info.
The new Trampled By Turtles is streaming on First Listen too.
11:52 AM on 07/07/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
The new Trampled By Turtles is streaming on First Listen too.
Not even halfway through and it's so boring. Skipped to 'Come Back Home' to keep from falling asleep.
12:33 PM on 07/07/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Gahhhhhh is the new TBT album boring? What the hell happened to them? The last album was boring too. Stupid.
01:38 PM on 07/07/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
A+
02:50 PM on 07/07/14
Tim McCall
TBD
User Info.
Not even halfway through and it's so boring. Skipped to 'Come Back Home' to keep from falling asleep.
I'm pretty disappointed by it too.

Gahhhhhh is the new TBT album boring? What the hell happened to them? The last album was boring too. Stupid.
I liked their last album, I thought it was more lyric focused.
04:21 PM on 07/07/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I like this a lot although nowhere near as much as Years of Refusal right now. This feels like it'll grow on me a lot though. Only track I don't really like is the title track which kind of sucks since it's the first song on there, ha.
02:00 PM on 07/08/14
Silent Laughter
sneezes when he sees bright lights
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Figured there'd be more posts. Sounds good so far, will have to give it a more proper listen soon. I'm missing the pop-punkness of his Jerry Finn (RIP) era, though. Guess I missed out. Somehow I missed Moz and The Smiths in the 80s & 90s when growing up. Wasn't hip enough I guess. Heard OF him, just didn't hear his music, was into other stuff (hair metal lol). Plus I had preconceived notions about him and his music and I wasn't as open minded back then (though still more than most dudes of that age), not as in touch with my misfit-ness. So I've just gotten into him recently. Mostly due to the book/film Let the Right One In (author's a massive fan) and the films The Perks of Being a Wallflower and (500) Days of Summer. Still a mopey ass teen at heart (lol), sensitive dudes of the world unite and take over (not holding my breath), so figured I had to check him out - wise choice. So yeah, sounds good so far...I'll stop rambling and get back to listening
02:09 PM on 07/08/14
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Figured there'd be more posts. Sounds good so far, will have to give it a more proper listen soon. I'm missing the pop-punkness of his Jerry Finn (RIP) era, though. Guess I missed out. Somehow I missed Moz and The Smiths in the 80s when I was growing up, wasn't hip enough I guess, so I've just gotten into him recently. Mostly due to the book/film Let the Right One In (author's a massive fan) and the films The Perks of Being a Wallflower and (500) Days of Summer. Still in touch with my inner mopey teen (lol), sensitive dudes of the world unite and take over, so figured I had to check him out - wise choice. So yeah, sounds good so far...I'll stop rambling and get back to listening
This is great, have you checked out much of The Smiths/Morrissey discography as yet then besides Years of Refusal?
05:44 PM on 08/06/14
Silent Laughter
sneezes when he sees bright lights
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is great, have you checked out much of The Smiths/Morrissey discography as yet then besides Years of Refusal?
Dude, sorry it took so long getting back to you. I got some "hate" on posts I'd made in the past (nothing personal, just have had my music taste questioned for a guy my age, but mostly just been ignored - sounds like a Smiths/Morrissey song, eh? lol), so I figured it was just another hater. My apologies.

His catalogue is so huge its quite intimidating for a newbie at this stage in the game, but I've checked out songs here and there. Mostly stuff others have recommended on message boards, blog posts, etc that sounded like songs I'd be into (either something about the music or lyrics), plus most of the singles, and I've bought a couple DVDs of music videos, 1 from The Smiths and 1 solo, plus songs I've heard in movies and TV shows, so I think I've been exposed to a pretty good cross section of his stuff. Most of it I've liked.

As for the new album, its really grown on me, pop punk or not. Some highlights are "Staircase at the University" (great power pop tune...I'm a big sucker for power pop in all its forms), "Mountjoy" (love the lyrics), "I'm Not a Man" (pretty much everything I've ever wanted to say to my "haters" or those that don't "get" me lol), and bonus track "Art Hounds".

Thanks for the post...sorry again for the delay getting back Sucks that most topics here seem to die after a couple days (and just noticed my post was 2nd to last and yours was last). I usually seem to be a day late/dollar short...story of my life. But thanks for throwing a bit of positive attention my way

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos