AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Britney Spears Without Autotune A "Warm-Up Take"

Posted by - 09:25 AM on 07/09/14
A track of Britney Spears "singing without autotune" was leaked online. The producer of the track, William Orbit, has defended the singer stating she was just warming up.
'I'd like to affirm that ANY singer when first at the mic at the start of a long session can make a multitude of vocalisations in order to get warmed up,' he said. 'Warming up is essential if you’re a pro, as it is with a runner doing stretches, and it takes a while to do properly.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
09:32 AM on 07/09/14
BrendanMachow
User Info.
Boy oh boy, this is fantastic.
09:43 AM on 07/09/14
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Is anyone really surprised that Britney can't sing? I mean, I feel like the majority of her fan base like her for different reasons
09:53 AM on 07/09/14
livinginpixels
User Info.
It would be cool if someone autotuned the "singing without auto-tune" to see if its actually the same take on the record.
10:09 AM on 07/09/14
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
William Orbit has SOMETHING of a point... but not to the extent of that recording.

I imagine there's more than a few pop singers who wouldn't sound much better.
10:19 AM on 07/09/14
fran.182
Euphoric Disconnection
User Info.
No surprises here. She has no talent as a musician/singer.
10:31 AM on 07/09/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
If this is real, it's hilariously awful.
10:33 AM on 07/09/14
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
well, even though she can't sing, I suppose she could still do better than this, and being this the warm up I don't think it reflects how good/bad she is. just saying.
10:33 AM on 07/09/14
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this SOUNDS autotuned to be wrong.
10:35 AM on 07/09/14
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Orbit had every option in the book. If it was bad, it's only her "first take". If it's great, it was her "final take" and that she can sing without autotune.
10:44 AM on 07/09/14
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
Bad, yes. But warm-up takes are a real thing. That being said, of course Britney is no vocal powerhouse. This should come as a shock to no one. However, the annoying thing is that people use examples like this to show "the evil of AutoTune."

AutoTune is to vocals what distortion is to guitars.
10:49 AM on 07/09/14
thesinkingship
blackwitababy
User Info.
AutoTune is to vocals what distortion is to guitars.

No it's not. Distortion isn't used to correct anything or to cover anything up. It's an effect. I recognize autotune can be used as an effect (see .fun) but we know it's used much more often to hide bad singing.
10:55 AM on 07/09/14
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
No it's not. Distortion isn't used to correct anything or to cover anything up. It's an effect. I recognize autotune can be used as an effect (see .fun) but we know it's used much more often to hide bad singing.
Yes, I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm saying that examples like this, when perpetuated, give "average listeners" the wrong impression of AutoTune.
10:56 AM on 07/09/14
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Of fucking course Britney isn't a powerhouse vocally but I believe William Orbit. He's had no problem calling out artist he's worked for before, especially Britney. So he didn't have to defend her, the fact that he did means something

That being said, I'm disappointed he didn't executive produce Britney Jean. It's her weakest album and it was obvious towards the release that she did not wanna make this album. She wants to retire, so just let her
10:58 AM on 07/09/14
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Anyone able to find a mirror of this? The original Youtube video is down.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos