AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

No Sleep Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mixtapes Is Going On Hiatus Starting in November

Posted by - 11:09 AM on 07/09/14
Mixtapes will be going on hiatus after touring to and playing Fest in November. A message from the band is below.
Hi everyone! How are you doing? We don’t wanna get all sappy but we have some bad/good news. After Fest this fall, Mixtapes is gonna go on a break. We’re not breaking up for good—eventually we want to play as Mixtapes again—but as of now we’re not sure the next time that will be.

Nothing drastic has happened—just because of life, and personal reasons, we all have reached a point where we feel like we need to go off on our own for a while. We still love playing in the band! but especially because of the way our band has always been… Because we started solely as an outlet for things going on in our lives, and because we’ve always prided ourselves on being genuine, we feel like it would be wrong to continue. We feel like a lot of bands reach a point like this and choose to continue and make bad records because of it. We don’t wanna be that band!

We can never properly thank you within this thing. But we want to thank all our “fans” (friends) who’ve always stuck with us and have gotten what we were about, or just liked our music, or anything else… It’s made us feel way less alone knowing you were there and we’re so glad to have gotten to hang out together. Also to anyone who has supported us over the years because of punk or just because you’re friendly. We never would’ve been able to do any of this if it weren’t for you and we’re still amazed that any of it happened at all.

If you want to see us before Fest, we still have a few shows to announce for the fall. We also have special stuff planned for Fest so if you can, you should definitely make it down there for that! We can’t fucking wait to hang out with everyone.

See you soon.

Mixtapes

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 72
11:11 AM on 07/09/14
FTank
I hate Golden Tate
User Info.
"I'm surprised," said no one.
11:12 AM on 07/09/14
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
...and not a single fuck was given that day.
11:13 AM on 07/09/14
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
How much influence did the comments the guitarist made at Warped the other week have on this decision, I wonder?
11:14 AM on 07/09/14
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man that sucks. My wife and I talked with Maura for about 15 minutes after their set in Indy and she was so fuckin nice. Super bummed to hear about this.
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
pop punk
11:16 AM on 07/09/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
Bummer, I enjoyed Ordinary Silence.
11:16 AM on 07/09/14
Fourchordwonder
Guess our wishes don't do dishes
User Info.
Not unexpected, but still a bummer. I'll always have a soft spot for this band, since they were really important in my personal life in many ways. "Hope Is For People" played a big role in me deciding to move away from home, and I met some good friends through their shows. Maura has also been exceptionally nice every time I've talked to her. Hopefully one of those shows to be announced is in Chicago. As far as special Fest stuff, I would guess they'll play Maps in full as part of a show.
11:18 AM on 07/09/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Knew that was coming. Kinda bummed but I haven't really cared much about this band since EOTWN came out. Before that though I loved going to shows and had a lot of fun with them
11:20 AM on 07/09/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
How much influence did the comments the guitarist made at Warped the other week have on this decision, I wonder?
i doubt this was all decided within only the last two weeks
11:22 AM on 07/09/14
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Hope Tigers Jaw goes next
11:24 AM on 07/09/14
UglyMug
www.twitter.com/goawaytkus
User Info.
This is a bummer. :/

In my opinion, Mixtapes put out some pretty good jams.
11:25 AM on 07/09/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Not a big loss for the pop punk world. A couple of them seem like nice peeps. Aside from that, the music is quite bad.
11:25 AM on 07/09/14
UglyMug
www.twitter.com/goawaytkus
User Info.

Probably hardly any influence. In fact, if anything it might have delayed their announcement so people wouldn't think that was the reason.

The members have been starting side projects recently, which was a key sign this was coming.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos