Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Questions For Dinosaur Pile Up?

Posted by: Anthony Sorendino (07/12/14)
I'll be speaking with the UK's Dinosaur Pile Up next week. If you have any questions for them, please leave them in the replies. Now's the chance to ask them about their tour with Brand New or their 2014 release, Nature Nurture.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
02:19 PM on 07/12/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Band/album is seriously so fucking good- I've had them on repeat since the show, and they were really nice dudes afterwards. We talked a bit about the tour, but one question I didn't get to ask was: There are certain influences that I'm sure they get compared to a lot (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Smashing Pumpkins). What other artists have had a strong (perhaps less noticeable) impact on the band, and are they happy with the 90's-esque alt-rock genre they've been tagged to, or would they consider switching up their sound on future releases the way Brand New does?

Hoping to submit an album review sometime next week.
02:34 PM on 07/12/14
MelissaMDaniels
in the disenchantment lane
User Info.
Loved this band after seeing them w/BN this week. Really impressed with their performance, especially how they closed the set with a really intense, loud prog feel. Seemed like young guys, but total pros. Wondering what their song development process is - jam first, craft later, or start with something solid like a hook or melody and build upon it?
06:09 PM on 07/12/14
greenguy1
User Info.
I met them and hung out with them when they played with Middle Class Rut. Ask them if they remember Logan, Griffin, and Ted from Kansas City. Do it for me, Please. That would be so great of you. Also,ask Matt if he is planing on doing future albums all by himself, or is he wanting to do future releases with the full band?

-Logan
09:51 PM on 07/12/14
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
Loved this band after seeing them w/BN this week. Really impressed with their performance, especially how they closed the set with a really intense, loud prog feel. Seemed like young guys, but total pros. Wondering what their song development process is - jam first, craft later, or start with something solid like a hook or melody and build upon it?
Definitely agree.

Was way more impressed with them than the other opener on my date (Man Man i think was the name?)
11:16 PM on 07/12/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Definitely agree.

Was way more impressed with them than the other opener on my date (Man Man i think was the name?)
We got both...Man Man was a blast haha
11:31 PM on 07/12/14
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
Man Man's hilarious to watch and some of the better live performers around. Y'all are crazy if you think otherwise.
12:26 PM on 07/14/14
TypicalMiracle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man Man's hilarious to watch and some of the better live performers around. Y'all are crazy if you think otherwise.

I agree. Saw them in Philly on Saturday. I don't know if I'd ever listen to the studio stuff, but the live show was really entertaining.
12:45 PM on 07/14/14
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
I agree. Saw them in Philly on Saturday. I don't know if I'd ever listen to the studio stuff, but the live show was really entertaining.
You really don't need to listen to their studio stuff, it doesn't hold a candle to their show.

Did you catch when he headbutted the keyboard? Hahaha so good
04:09 PM on 07/15/14
Garrett Holmes
Showbread / Garrett
User Info.
Well done guys.
I really love both albums whole-heartedly. Hope to see ya'll live soon.
Is there any place I can buy vinyl copies?
10:01 PM on 07/15/14
TomWhaley
The Secondside
User Info.
You really don't need to listen to their studio stuff, it doesn't hold a candle to their show.

Did you catch when he headbutted the keyboard? Hahaha so good
Loved their Philly set too! It had a great, avant-garde, Oingo Boingo, wackyness to it! Lots of fun. If Brand New fans could get down with Man Man, then maybe Shone will make more sense to them. Sadly I missed Dinosaur Pile-Up, who this thread is about, but my sister loved their set and got a CD, so I've heard good things! haha
09:25 AM on 07/16/14
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
We got both...Man Man was a blast haha
This is strange because almost everyone I talked to at the show didn't like Man Man. Obviously I didn't talk to everyone there, but about the ten other people I talked to around me just dreaded them their entire set. One of my friend's was legitimately creeped out by them, though, just because they walked out on stage, did their weird/insane stuff, then left without saying anything else.

It was entertaining, but I definitely wish I could have avoided it.
09:31 AM on 07/16/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
This is strange because almost everyone I talked to at the show didn't like Man Man. Obviously I didn't talk to everyone there, but about the ten other people I talked to around me just dreaded them their entire set. One of my friend's was legitimately creeped out by them, though, just because they walked out on stage, did their weird/insane stuff, then left without saying anything else.

It was entertaining, but I definitely wish I could have avoided it.

Really? Oh man, that's unfortunate...I mean, I guess it just depends on your tastes. I enjoy theatrics, and I love Modest Mouse, so I thought it was fun/different. Definitely caught my attention. Reminded me a good bit of Foxy Shazam, but again, probably just a matter of different tastes.
04:42 AM on 07/17/14
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
Really? Oh man, that's unfortunate...I mean, I guess it just depends on your tastes. I enjoy theatrics, and I love Modest Mouse, so I thought it was fun/different. Definitely caught my attention. Reminded me a good bit of Foxy Shazam, but again, probably just a matter of different tastes.
Oh yeah. I appreciate what they were doing and what they were going for, and I definitely agree with you on the Foxy Shazam comparison.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests