AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 28 of 28
02:56 PM on 07/14/14
Orin
User Info.
The song is good to me, but it's nothing special. It's quite a short song clocking in at under three minutes, so I'm not expecting this to be reflective of the whole album. Still looking forward to the release.
03:29 PM on 07/14/14
canvasofwinter
User Info.
Love this band, but I haven't been able to get into any of the new stuff.
03:33 PM on 07/14/14
Nateisgame
User Info.
This stuff doesn't do it for me but it does do it when it's stuff to do. It does do new stuff when it does do it for me but I just can't get into doing it
05:05 PM on 07/14/14
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
I like it but I dont love it. If this album isn't that good then its okay because they put out three other very good albums before it. The only downside is that its kind of a return record so I just hope its not their last.
05:16 PM on 07/14/14
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
I like it but I dont love it. If this album isn't that good then its okay because they put out three other very good albums before it. The only downside is that its kind of a return record so I just hope its not their last.
This is how I feel.

They've gotten better with every record but the 3 songs we've heard from this one haven't done a lot for me. Hopefully the rest appeals to me more.
05:38 PM on 07/14/14
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this song is fucking great. holy shit.

I think this album is shaping up to have some real longevity. it's got a vibe and sound to it that's more than what's current.

so amped on this album.
08:07 PM on 07/14/14
Bryan GribbIe
"Don't get hit"- Isai
User Info.
This stuff doesn't do it for me but it does do it when it's stuff to do. It does do new stuff when it does do it for me but I just can't get into doing it
You took the words right out of my mouth.
09:54 PM on 07/14/14
mantipede
And the full moon seems to know me.
User Info.
but the ending is the best part man^
Holy shit, this. The whole ending is nuts, from the beginning of the bridge to the spelling. This song kills. Kind of reminds me of 91025.
12:20 AM on 07/15/14
HogarthHughes
hello memory lover
User Info.
This is how I feel.

They've gotten better with every record but the 3 songs we've heard from this one haven't done a lot for me. Hopefully the rest appeals to me more.
The thing is, to me at least, they've always been an "album band." I'm willing to bet these songs will work even better in the context of the whole thing. They're really great at sequencing their albums.
09:46 AM on 07/15/14
beauvais910
User Info.
Probably the weakest new track for me.
11:41 AM on 07/15/14
ChromaAudio
User Info.
Nothing from this track really stood out to me. Yeah, it still sounds like classic He Is Legend, but there wasn't a whole lot here that made me want to listen again. Where are the dynamics and diversity of sound that we heard on songs like "Dinner With A Gypsy"? How about the technicality and chops they showed back during the days of 91025? Or how about the raw, southern grit and breakdowns from "Attack of the Dungeon Witch"? There are certainly glimpses of those things here, but this band seems to be a shell of what they were once capable of.

However, "Miserable Company" gave me some hope that they still have some gas left in the tank.
02:20 AM on 07/16/14
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Nothing from this track really stood out to me. Yeah, it still sounds like classic He Is Legend, but there wasn't a whole lot here that made me want to listen again. Where are the dynamics and diversity of sound that we heard on songs like "Dinner With A Gypsy"? How about the technicality and chops they showed back during the days of 91025? Or how about the raw, southern grit and breakdowns from "Attack of the Dungeon Witch"? There are certainly glimpses of those things here, but this band seems to be a shell of what they were once capable of.

However, "Miserable Company" gave me some hope that they still have some gas left in the tank.
I agree. I think this song sounds like random parts of It Hates You put together, without any sense of dynamics this time. I know I said the exact same thing about another new song, which doesn't bode well for the rest of the record.
02:59 PM on 07/16/14
prettyLUSH16
We dance to all the wrong songs
User Info.
This band can do no wrong, everything they write i find something great about. They right some of the best damn straight up rock n roll tunes. Preordered the vinyls, always down to support HIL.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos