AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Good Charlotte News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Madden Brothers Pre-Order

Posted by - 02:08 PM on 07/14/14
The Madden Brothers' new album is up for vinyl pre-order.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
02:14 PM on 07/14/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
lol
02:28 PM on 07/14/14
caraballo
Gnarkill
User Info.
There's just some things that shouldn't be pressed
02:42 PM on 07/14/14
pbueddi
User Info.
will be picking this up
02:51 PM on 07/14/14
Chocobo
Aloha de Chocobo
User Info.
I agree, but I honestly think that about a majority of all vinyl-news on this site...

Edit: Wanted to quote caraballo, didn't work somehow...
10:08 PM on 07/14/14
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
11:23 AM on 07/15/14
AfterTheEulogy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There's just some things that shouldn't be pressed
I don't think 90% of the record discussed on this site should be pressed on vinyl. The recording quality is just too poor.
02:36 AM on 07/16/14
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Am I the only one who's a bit optimistic for this release ? I know Good Charlotte turned into shit after The Chronicles Of Life And Death, and while my hopes aren't that high, this description makes it promising :
Quote:
The album is split into two 'sides', the first filled with upbeat, sunny pop-rock produced by their long-time collaborator Eric Valentine, who also produced The Young and the Hopeless and 2004's The Chronicles of Life and Death and has also worked with Queens of the Stone Age, Taking Back Sunday, Third Eye Blind and countless others. It features the lyrically unapologetic 'We Are Done,' which Benji says is an anthem about standing up for yourself. 'It's for anyone who s feeling unappreciated or abused, or is suffering in any way,' he says. 'We want to inspire people to speak up.'

Side Two is an earthy blend of folk, Southern rock, and 70s-era FM pop produced by Grammy Award-winning producer Joe Chiccarelli, known for his work with The White Stripes, The Strokes The Shins and many others. Its centerpiece is 'California Rain,' which tells the story of the Maryland-born brothers journey from East Coast to West Coast. It was also the first song they wrote back in 2012, during an inspiring visit with their friend Pharrell Williams, who encouraged them to follow their muse. 'We went to see him in Miami and Benji brought an acoustic guitar,' Joel recalls. 'We wrote the song together that night. It felt like a repeat of us leaving home at 18 for California with just an acoustic guitar. All these years later, it all comes down to an acoustic guitar.'

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos