Username
Password
Rise Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rise Records
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: Dangerkids

Posted by: Jake Denning (07/15/14)
You can read our interview with Dangerkids here. The band is hard at work on their sophomore full length album, to be released on Rise Records.
And then there are some bands that have something to say, and I'd say we fall into that category. So I think if someone could catch us playing "Paper Thin", then I'd feel satisfied that they gave us a fair chance.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
10:30 AM on 07/15/14
lovemetal24
User Info.
How in the hell is this band not huge?
11:00 AM on 07/15/14
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
band is great
12:49 PM on 07/15/14
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
How in the hell is this band not huge?
They're getting there. I think they need a headlining tour when their next album comes out. Enough with opening for big bands. It's great they've toured with WCAR, Sleeping with Sirens, TDWP but unless they're in a main support slot, they're playing for a quarter of the crowd every night.
01:50 PM on 07/15/14
lovemetal24
User Info.
They're getting there. I think they need a headlining tour when their next album comes out. Enough with opening for big bands. It's great they've toured with WCAR, Sleeping with Sirens, TDWP but unless they're in a main support slot, they're playing for a quarter of the crowd every night.
true……I understand they rip off linkin park at times, but they just seem like a band that everyone would be eating up because they sound "different" than your typical metalcore shit
04:39 PM on 07/15/14
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
true……I understand they rip off linkin park at times, but they just seem like a band that everyone would be eating up because they sound "different" than your typical metalcore shit
They're not really ripping them off. They just added rapping to their songs. I don't know why Rise isn't pushing them down everyone's throats? Maybe they're waiting to see how their next album comes out? To be honest, I'm thinking once they take off, you'll have bands "ripping them off" by blending the rapping with the screaming/singing.
07:07 AM on 07/16/14
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
They're not really ripping them off. They just added rapping to their songs. I don't know why Rise isn't pushing them down everyone's throats? Maybe they're waiting to see how their next album comes out? To be honest, I'm thinking once they take off, you'll have bands "ripping them off" by blending the rapping with the screaming/singing.
like Atilla?
07:35 AM on 07/16/14
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Attila blended death metal with Hollywood Undead lyrics. I'm thinking the type of rip off that will happen would be similar to bands like I See Stars and At The Skylines using the breakdowns and dubstep like Enter Shikari.
11:50 AM on 07/16/14
Ddrums
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This makes absolutely no sense. Support tours are how you grow. A headline tour for them would kill the momentum that the support tours are giving them.
01:07 PM on 07/16/14
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
This makes absolutely no sense. Support tours are how you grow. A headline tour for them would kill the momentum that the support tours are giving them.
They're opening on these tours and they're playing to less than a quarter of the venue. A headlining run will give them an idea on how big their fanbase is and a chance to play more songs to them. They've been doing the same 5-6 song setlist since I saw them at Skate and Surf last year. Collapse has 12 or 13 songs on it yet they only play Countdown, Hostage, We're All in Danger, Paper Thin and Waking Up (Throw in Light Escapes if they have more time). I'm not talking a full country headlining tour but if they just do the east coast and midwest, it would be tremendous for them financially and will increase popularity. Talking to them on Warped, they were telling me that most of their crowd has been singing along. If Rise was smart, have Dangerkids be main support on their annual Rise Records tour.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests