AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Blink 182 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mark Hoppus Talks With Idobi About Blink-182

Posted by - 10:44 AM on 07/18/14
Check out a teaser for an interview with Mark Hoppus over at Idobi where he states that Blink-182 "havenít started recording yet." The full interview will be on an upcoming episode of the Eddie Jason and Chris show.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
10:46 AM on 07/18/14
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
I didn't read that the new album was coming soon, but just that it was still in the plans. Stupid media outlets and their jump to conclusions mats...
10:55 AM on 07/18/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Yeah probably won't come out till first quarter 2016..

I'll be very surprised if they release it next year.
11:02 AM on 07/18/14
ComedownMachine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Remember when they were gonna start recording after their Australian tour in early 2013?
11:13 AM on 07/18/14
ChaseTx
Why would anyone think they'd started recording? Seems like they just started practicing this week.
11:27 AM on 07/18/14
WhaleSnake
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Remember when they were gonna start recording after their Australian tour in early 2013?
Werent they gonna live in malibu together for a month like they did for the self-titled record and to re-capture a certain energy and record the album there? I remember reading that somewhere
11:32 AM on 07/18/14
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
User Info.
remember when this band was great? me neither
11:33 AM on 07/18/14
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
No shit. I'm pretty sure if they were recording they would have let us know. They haven't even announced a producer yet
11:34 AM on 07/18/14
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
remember when this band was great? me neither
Remember when you posted in threads about subjects you cared about? Yeah me neither
11:37 AM on 07/18/14
Blink-O
User Info.
so they're still "kicking ideas around"... that means... no songs have actually been written so far. if there's ever going to be another album, it's not gonna be out before fall of 2015. cool.

and yet another moment to realize that you can't and shouldn't ever put any weight whatsoever on what tom says, posts, tweets.
11:54 AM on 07/18/14
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
At this point in time, I could careless about another blink album. I'll be thrilled if it ever comes out and it's good but I'm not holding my breath. Seeing them on their reunion tour was enough for me.
12:03 PM on 07/18/14
Dom-182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Werent they gonna live in malibu together for a month like they did for the self-titled record and to re-capture a certain energy and record the album there? I remember reading that somewhere
that was supposed to be this winter/spring but then tom decided he wanted to do ava instead for no reason at all
12:22 PM on 07/18/14
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
They put Dogs Eating Dogs together in like 3 weeks, so you never know. That said, there will be a label and a producer involved this time, so add that to the mix with all of their management and legal contract stipulations.
12:39 PM on 07/18/14
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
They put Dogs Eating Dogs together in like 3 weeks, so you never know. That said, there will be a label and a producer involved this time, so add that to the mix with all of their management and legal contract stipulations.
ATM there isn'ta contract right? That's how they released DED so fast. That could mean one of two things: 1. They could release it quick after recording if they stay independent, or 2. They start to find a label to release it and it takes extra long for it to come out because signing to a label and planning to market a new full length takes some time and effort.

Edit: Imust have read the beginning of your post wrong... Yeah I'm guessing too that there'll be a label involved for the next full length
12:45 PM on 07/18/14
TuffTed69
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Vocalist/bassist Tom Delong..."

Jesus Christ.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles