AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Anberlin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Anberlin: The Exit Interview (Part I)

Posted by - 07:05 AM on 07/21/14
In celebration of this week's release of Anberlin's final album, Lowborn, we will be posting an in-depth, three-part interview special looking back over the band's 12-year career. Part I with drummer Nate Young can be found here.
Honestly, I would say that if we could be remembered in a light of just positivity and encouragement. It hits me at different times. We were signing yesterday, and so many people were sharing these stories. “I was listening to you since I was 13.” “You helped me get through some heavy stuff.” “Your music helped me when my mom passed away.” All these things that were so deep. It was hitting me, and I was thankful I was wearing glasses so no one could see I was getting teary eyed. It’s insane to me that people can connect like that to music.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
07:33 AM on 07/21/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
These guys were a perfect way to close out Warped on Saturday. I hope I can catch two dates of their farewell tour.
08:01 AM on 07/21/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
10:01 AM on 07/21/14
dorfmac
DORFMAC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In 2004 they toured with Fall Out Boy - one of the best shows I'd ever been too. I got kicked out during their set for "enthusiasm" and when they were unloading their stuff outside, the guitarist saw me and asked why I was out there. He proceeded to bring me to the back door and said "When security opens this door, just run straight in". Got to see the entire FOB set thanks to them. Haven't liked Anberlin's music much in the past few years, but definitely good dudes.
10:27 AM on 07/21/14
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
I still remember the first time I saw them, opening for Further Seems Forever with Gleason and The Movielife touring 40 Hour Train.
11:57 AM on 07/21/14
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
In 2004 they toured with Fall Out Boy - one of the best shows I'd ever been too. I got kicked out during their set for "enthusiasm" and when they were unloading their stuff outside, the guitarist saw me and asked why I was out there. He proceeded to bring me to the back door and said "When security opens this door, just run straight in". Got to see the entire FOB set thanks to them. Haven't liked Anberlin's music much in the past few years, but definitely good dudes.
\m/
08:50 PM on 07/21/14
Dizzy23
User Info.
Dudes are awesome. Music is awesome. Music scene is losing a juggernaut. They are going out at the right time though. Will miss these guys

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos