AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Exclusive: Dr. Manhattan - "Dance The Vibes Away" Video...

Posted by - 01:07 PM on 07/21/14
Today we're bringing you the exclusive premiere of Dr. Manhattan's "Dance the Vibes Away" lyric video. Hit the replies to check that out. The band's upcoming EP, Bolo Yodo, will be coming out tomorrow.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
01:07 PM on 07/21/14
Jason Tate
User Info.

Press ReleaseChicago-based band of ultimate goons, DrManhattan is back with a vengeance with their long awaited reunion EP, BOLO YODO. Remembered for their wacky fantasmic live shows and infectiously party jam albums, their newly dark yet quirky approach to BOLO YODO showcases the carefully cultivated maturity during the dormant years over at the DrManhattan camp. Set to release on the bands BandCamp Tuesday, July 22, 2014, BOLO YODO is the first installment of a two EP journey.

Creepy opening organ chords and driving drums open “Dance The Vibes Away” to a menacing twist & shout vibe that would even get Uncle Fester moving. Flowing into the EP titled track, “BOLO YODO”, a guitar loop hypnotises the listener into a happy warm wormhole of good sentiments that lullaby you into a blissful state with reassurance from lyrics like “Narrowed to calming rounds of gain” ...meaning, everything is gonna be okay. But DrManhattan is out to toy with your emotional spectrum in less than 15 minutes time. The reverse guitar loop interlude of “The Vibes” grabs at your shirt collar yanking the listener from falling deeper into the rabbit hole and pulls you to be greeted by the harsh-angsty reality of one sided love with “How I Love You”. The complicated organism that is relationships is dissected into two perspectives that battling with the life-long dilemma: Do I love you more than you love me? “Let me tell you that I love you / Not to hear it in return,” undoubtedly touches upon sensitive roots that have never been explored by the experimental rock quartet. But true to form, the boys lift our groove spirits back up with “Like A Dove” and drive it home by hanging on the notion that even with heartache, there will be hope again exemplified in their closing track: “Hold me I just want to feel in love. I bought the biggest bottle and im battling with a beetle bubble bath.”

Newly innovative art and media is set to rollout post BOLO YODO release through their social media spaces over the course of time until their second EP installment slated to come out in the Winter of 2014. Stay tuned to their spaces to see their creative take on this mind-bending release, BOLO YODO.
01:20 PM on 07/21/14
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Weirder and weirder with each release haha.
01:24 PM on 07/21/14
tossit
Gather round children zip it listen
User Info.
Weirder and weirder with each release haha.
Hahaha agreed. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but definitely not this.
01:26 PM on 07/21/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Are they just trying to make the weirdest shit possible? This is a TAD disappointing.

Time to go listen to Baton Rouge, 14 times in a row.
01:58 PM on 07/21/14
Bryan GribbIe
"Don't get hit"- Isai
User Info.
Are they just trying to make the weirdest shit possible? This is a TAD disappointing.

Time to go listen to Baton Rouge, 14 times in a row.
Well fuck me sideways if I wasn't just doing the same thing.
02:01 PM on 07/21/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Well fuck me sideways if I wasn't just doing the same thing.
This song made me remember how important that record was to me. Holy shit, that still holds up. Big time.
02:06 PM on 07/21/14
Bryan GribbIe
"Don't get hit"- Isai
User Info.
This song made me remember how important that record was to me. Holy shit, that still holds up. Big time.
I picked it up at a record store one day for $1. It's really awesome. And your comment made me pull out the CD. The lyrics book is a trip. Gunpowder and To Feel Cozy are such jams, my gosh.
03:36 PM on 07/21/14
ratsforcandy
i miss the seasons..
User Info.
Fucking amazing. Also, the title track has been uploaded to the web as well, you guys need to post it
07:44 PM on 07/21/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Love this band
09:34 PM on 07/21/14
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
User Info.
Almost a lil bit of a Mew vibe.
08:26 AM on 07/22/14
zzombieeee