AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Books News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Teen Metal Band to Release Book Next Year

Posted by - 01:13 PM on 07/21/14
Unlocking the Truth, the teen metal band that signed with Sony, will be releasing a book next year.
G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, part of Penguin Group (USA), said Friday that it would publish a book written by the Brooklyn trio chronicling the group's "path to success." Unlocking the Truth is signed to the new label The Cherry Party, a division of Sony. The band played at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival this year and has opened for Guns N' Roses.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
01:18 PM on 07/21/14
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
....OK....
01:21 PM on 07/21/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Love how every press release finished with the reminder that they played Coachella and opened for Guns n Roses to establish credibility.
01:26 PM on 07/21/14
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Love how every press release finished with the reminder that they played Coachella and opened for Guns n Roses to establish credibility.
Surprised they don't include a link to the Youtube video of them playing a breakdown.
01:27 PM on 07/21/14
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Whatever works I guess.
01:33 PM on 07/21/14
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
01:41 PM on 07/21/14
alexbrew
Out. Standing.
User Info.
Don't. care.
01:47 PM on 07/21/14
WhitefalconTLE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Watched them open for QOTSA last night, sound like any other group of 12 year olds playing music together: not that good.
01:57 PM on 07/21/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
This story went from "really cool for these kids" to "This is complete bullshit," very quickly. They sound like 12 year olds playing music. Not some virtuoso kids, destroying the faces of the world.
01:57 PM on 07/21/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Maybe in a few years once they grow more as musicians, they might put out something worth listening to. I imagine this book reading like, "We started a band. We played on the streets of New York. Someone made a YouTube video. Sony."
02:01 PM on 07/21/14
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
Watched them open for QOTSA last night, sound like any other group of 12 year olds playing music together: not that good.

Absolutely. Listening to these kids reminds me of when I was a kid starting out with my first "bands" while we were still trying to learn our instruments. Pretty atrocious. Lol

I hope they keep at it, though. Better lyrics will come with age and life experience. Musically they're not the worst band ever, though. That guitarist has some skills for a kid his age. That drummer tho.....
02:16 PM on 07/21/14
PigDestroyer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this will be over soon. maybe will last as long as that teen metal band Black Tide ... anyone remember them?
02:20 PM on 07/21/14
henry chinaski
User Info.
02:24 PM on 07/21/14
danperez
User Info.
Not trying to be racist, but do you think the fact that they're black could've got them signed?

Perhaps Sony thought that their race was an interesting angle?

Let's be honest, there's an excess of teenage, white acts getting together to play a heavy breakdown.

It's the elephant in the room. Sorry!
02:30 PM on 07/21/14
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Do these guys sing at all? Because they only sound like a bunch of teenagers jamming to a Metallica song.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos