AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

P.O.D. Launches PledgeMusic Campaign

Posted by - 07:41 AM on 07/23/14
Multi-platinum hard-rockers P.O.D. have launched a PledgeMusic campaign for the release of their upcoming acoustic album. Head to the replies for more details.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51
07:42 AM on 07/23/14
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
The Rundown P.O.D. has announced a pre-order for their upcoming album through their partnership with PledgeMusic. The San Diego based, multi-platinum hard rockers will make their album available on the direct-to-fan platform. The band chose to work with PledgeMusic so fans could receive updates directly from the band during the album making process, offering them behind-the-scenes access and a chance to pre-order early.

In response to requests, P.O.D. will deliver the upcoming acoustic album, which will include favorite hits "Youth of the Nation" and "Alive" along with two brand new songs. Over the last two decades, the group has sold over 10 million albums (including 2001's triple platinum record Satellite), garnered four No. 1 music videos, three Grammy nominations and had over a dozen rock radio hits, including "Southtown," "Alive," "Youth of the Nation" and "Goodbye For Now." Just for pledgers, P.O.D. will offer a number of exclusive, limited edition and one-of-a-kind items available such as signed CDs and tour memorabilia. Check it out now here.

Celebrating 5 years of engaging music lovers, PledgeMusic has proven to be a valuable marketing force for bands and artists releasing music, playing an important role in driving sales and contributing to their overall achievements. Benji Rogers, Founder and President of PledgeMusic commented, "We are thrilled that P.O.D., who have enjoyed a strong fanbase for years, has chosen the PledgeMusic platform to further connect with their fans to release this special collection of songs."

PledgeMusic is the world's leading online, direct-to-fan music platform, offering artists a unique way to engage their fans in the music making experience whilst interacting with PledgeMusic's global community of music fans. Since its inception in 2009, PledgeMusic has worked with artists and labels to deliver high impact campaigns that provide exclusive engagement, incentives and content for music fans as well as new commercial benefits and revenue streams for artists and music labels.

PledgeMusic's platform has generated chart topping albums worldwide. Successful campaigns have included Lindsey Stirling, Interpol, OKGO, Mike Doughty, Echo and the Bunnymen, Imogen Heap, Lucinda Williams, Ingrid Michaelson, Slash, Judas Priest, The Libertines, Bring Me The Horizon, Ginger Wildheart, Ben Folds Five, Killing Joke, Emmy The Great and Rachel Yamagata amongst others.www.pledgemusic.com
07:43 AM on 07/23/14
jpd19125
Screw Flanders
User Info.
they sold 10 million records!?
07:44 AM on 07/23/14
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Numbers never lie.
07:48 AM on 07/23/14
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
Yeah, the christian market was a very lucrative thing in the early 2000's (and still is I would assume). Also, add the mainstream success they had (TRL) and 10 million doesn't sound farfetched.

Also, their popularity was before it was as easy to pirate music as it is now. And again, Christians would (especially back then when I was into the scene) buy records just bc they were labeled Christian, and P.O.D. was the go to alternative for the nu-metal trend then.
07:52 AM on 07/23/14
jpd19125
Screw Flanders
User Info.
Yeah, the christian market was a very lucrative thing in the early 2000's (and still is I would assume). Also, add the mainstream success they had (TRL) and 10 million doesn't sound farfetched.
i guess it makes sense. but shit thats a high number and they cant even fund an acoustic record 10+ years later.
08:00 AM on 07/23/14
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
i guess it makes sense. but shit thats a high number and they cant even fund an acoustic record 10+ years later.
Yeah, I would assume their labels got aloy of the profit. And besides headlining the big Christian Festivals, they were always support for bigger mainstream acts... And in all honesty, no label is gonna invest in a nu-metal band that hasn't had a hit in 10 years... They were my favorite band in early high school before I got big into Blink. I saw P.O.D. three times in their hey day and they were always amazing. Met them after a show during the era they were pushing "Rock The Party" on TRL, extremely nice dudes.
08:01 AM on 07/23/14
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.

the acoustic version of this is expected to be a bonus track on the album
08:10 AM on 07/23/14
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Loved them on Uproar a couple of years ago! I'll get a signed poster or something.
08:13 AM on 07/23/14
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
More backpack wearing guitarists.
08:42 AM on 07/23/14
Jake Gyllenhaal
Sit on Santa's lap
User Info.

the acoustic version of this is expected to be a bonus track on the album

Carlos Mencia & P.O.D. Those are two names I've not heard in a long time. A long time.
08:45 AM on 07/23/14
MrCon
Something Something Something
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love their valuations of things. $250 for a 30 minute guitar lesson? From a band famed for Nu Metal? Really?

EDIT: Even better (or worse) is $356 for them to handwrite you some lyrics for a song of your choosing. Wow.
08:59 AM on 07/23/14
Thursdaysox
Sleep Well
User Info.
10 million copies sold, can't afford to record an acoustic cd. That is interesting
09:00 AM on 07/23/14
drudo182
Be Royal
User Info.
I love their valuations of things. $250 for a 30 minute guitar lesson? From a band famed for Nu Metal? Really?

EDIT: Even better (or worse) is $356 for them to handwrite you some lyrics for a song of your choosing. Wow.
via Skype...
09:04 AM on 07/23/14
skinnypuppy
Jon Hughes
User Info.
None of you guys read the article posted or anything inside the link, did you? It's a PRE ORDER. Pledge is not Kickstarter or IndieGoGo. It's more of a pre-order site. The album, as stated, is almost done. This is just to help push some sales and give fans cool items if they want them.

If this was a Blink 182 or Brand New pledge campaign, not a single one of you would be complaining.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos