AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Gaslight Anthem News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Gaslight Anthem Influenced By The 1975's Producer Choice

Posted by - 09:59 AM on 07/23/14
The Gaslight Anthem share with NME that they were influenced by The 1975 on their new album, Get Hurt. We talk about the producer choice in today's special episode of the AP.net Podcast.
The band tracked down producer Mike Crossey in an effort to see if they could tap into something similar to the British group. "We were like, 'well that sounds different – what would happen if a band like us works with a guy who makes records sound like that?'" says Fallon.

Submitted by mbao

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
10:11 AM on 07/23/14
earthtotom
hawktom
User Info.
count me in.
10:36 AM on 07/23/14
MeltingPlastic
201 Native living in the 610
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have a feeling I'm going to regret actually paying for this album if it sounds like 1975
10:39 AM on 07/23/14
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
Well I hope that doesn't really happen. Production is one thing but songwriting-wise, I hope not.
10:41 AM on 07/23/14
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was kinda like "eh" with the first song I heard from this but after hearing the title track I'm excited (can't stop listening to that song).
10:50 AM on 07/23/14
koopman
Espo
User Info.
Really awesome to hear this considering I literally just read this article http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec1...track-1213.htm and the 1975 record sounds amazing.
10:52 AM on 07/23/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I have a feeling I'm going to regret actually paying for this album if it sounds like 1975
It doesn't sound like The 1975.
10:55 AM on 07/23/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I'm skeptical about how much 1975 influence there's really going to be in a Gaslight record, but my curiosity is definitely piqued.
11:01 AM on 07/23/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
i had a sneaking suspicion they went to him because of his work with the 1975, very cool. obviously not expecting this to sound anything like that band, but crossey really impressed me with the 1975's album so im excited to see how this one sounds.
11:19 AM on 07/23/14
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Holy hell that article needs heavy editing. Anyway, super stoked for the album.
11:29 AM on 07/23/14
kwhiteside01
User Info.
It's a testament to The 1975's talent that they (a new-ish band) can still have an influence on a more established band like The Gaslight Anthem. Just goes to show that you can learn from anyone, no matter how old/young/experienced/inexperienced they are. This is really cool to hear!
11:33 AM on 07/23/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Really awesome to hear this considering I literally just read this article http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec1...track-1213.htm and the 1975 record sounds amazing.
Added to my read later -- this looks like a cool article.
12:40 PM on 07/23/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
The 1975's album (and EPs) are some of the most beautifully produced records in recent memory for me. I'm really excited for this album, even after the dud that was handwritten.
12:40 PM on 07/23/14
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
Could I possibly be any more excited for this.

The 1975's self-titled is just never getting old for me.
05:03 PM on 07/23/14
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
It's a testament to The 1975's talent that they (a new-ish band) can still have an influence on a more established band like The Gaslight Anthem. Just goes to show that you can learn from anyone, no matter how old/young/experienced/inexperienced they are. This is really cool to hear!

Very well said.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version