AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Anberlin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Anberlin: The Exit Interview (Part II)

Posted by - 12:36 PM on 07/23/14
In celebration of this week's release of Anberlin's final album, Lowborn, we are posting an in-depth, three-part interview special looking back over the band's 12-year career. Part II with vocalist Stephen Christian can be found here, while part I with drummer Nate Young is here.
Ive had so much success in the long term, and Im not trying to say it in any monetized way or the amount of CD sales. Im saying it by the fact that I went out, and Ill be able to tell my grandkids one day, Hey, follow your dreams, and really mean it, and then say that I did. I went out, had this crazy pipedream, and I just pursued it with all I had. Look at the places I got to go, and look at the people I got to meet, and look at the opportunities that I had, simply because I just wasnt scared to fail. I hope Ill be able to pass that on to other generations.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
12:40 PM on 07/23/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
12:53 PM on 07/23/14
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
If you replaced "Anberlin" with "Blink 182" and any references to Anberlin members and albums to Blink 182 members and albums, this board would blow the F up.
01:11 PM on 07/23/14
Micah511
I don't wanna simmer down.
User Info.
If you replaced "Anberlin" with "Blink 182" and any references to Anberlin members and albums to Blink 182 members and albums, this board would blow the F up.
Yeah. I don't really know what point you're trying to make. Blink 182 is more popular on here than anberlin.
01:14 PM on 07/23/14
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Yeah. I don't really know what point you're trying to make. Blink 182 is more popular on here than anberlin.
- Album being made in separate locations, not with all band members in the same room
- Lead singer not being able to recall title of a song on the album, didn't even know it was going to be on the record
- Lead singer wanted everyone to be together to record, but rest of band didn't

These are polarizing themes for Blink 182 in terms of debating why they have not been able to recapture their old magic. So, my point is that if Tom or Mark gave this kind of interview, the reaction would be really bad.
01:14 PM on 07/23/14
lidoscotty
Lido Beach / Scotty
User Info.
"Abbey Road" was released before "Let It Be," but was recorded afterwards. Sorry to be that guy. I still love Anberlin.
02:58 PM on 07/23/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
Why is their new record not yet on Spotify?
03:35 PM on 07/23/14
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
- Album being made in separate locations, not with all band members in the same room
- Lead singer not being able to recall title of a song on the album, didn't even know it was going to be on the record
- Lead singer wanted everyone to be together to record, but rest of band didn't

These are polarizing themes for Blink 182 in terms of debating why they have not been able to recapture their old magic. So, my point is that if Tom or Mark gave this kind of interview, the reaction would be really bad.
As great as Stephen is, he's been known to be pretty spacy when it comes to recalling certain things, so forgetting the title of Dissenter doesn't really mean anything.
09:11 PM on 07/23/14
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
The problem is Neighborhoods sucks and this doesn't so that point is not relevant
11:57 PM on 07/23/14
Chocobo
Aloha de Chocobo
User Info.
The problem is Neighborhoods sucks and this doesn't so that point is not relevant
06:53 AM on 07/24/14
Grub
User Info.
yup!
08:21 AM on 07/24/14
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I take back what I said, this album is stellar...I think they made a mistake with the singles though...should have been we are the destroyer and hearing voices
09:22 AM on 07/24/14
superBMRuth
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit
User Info.
Why is their new record not yet on Spotify?
Its 8 bucks at Best Buy, which is worth it if you're a fan.
09:34 AM on 07/24/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
Its 8 bucks at Best Buy, which is worth it if you're a fan.
I am a fan. I bought the vinyl through their website.

Found out after I posted this you have to go back to their website to get a download code.
09:53 AM on 07/24/14
superBMRuth
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit
User Info.
I am a fan. I bought the vinyl through their website.

Found out after I posted this you have to go back to their website to get a download code.
Nice. I only said something cause after I saw it wasn't on Spotify I went straight to the store so I could hear it haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos