AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hidden in Plain View News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Hit the Lights & Day at the Fair to Open Hidden In Plain View...

Posted by - 12:41 PM on 07/23/14
Either I've gone back in time to 2005 or Hit the Lights and Day at the Fair will be opening for Hidden In Plain View at their reunion show at the Gramercy Theatre in New York, NY.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
12:42 PM on 07/23/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
12:46 PM on 07/23/14
anamericangod
User Info.
I can't believe this is a real thing in the year 2014 but I'm very pleased that it is.
12:51 PM on 07/23/14
Jake Z
The Coma Kid
User Info.
I can't believe this is a real thing in the year 2014 but I'm very pleased that it is.

Agreed this is fantastic.
12:53 PM on 07/23/14
MeltingPlastic
201 Native living in the 610
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I may have to go to this now!! DATF was amazing in Philly the other week and I was too busy watching the Rangers game to really enjoy it, though I rocked out on my barstool!
12:55 PM on 07/23/14
anamericangod
User Info.
I may have to go to this now!! DATF was amazing in Philly the other week and I was too busy watching the Rangers game to really enjoy it, though I rocked out on my barstool!
How'd they sound? I heard that their first reunion show a year or so ago was rough, but now that they're actually back together maybe they've brushed off the dust.
12:57 PM on 07/23/14
Coverbydesign
User Info.
I swear to jesus if Hidden In Plain doesn't announce a Chicago date soon I'm just going to say fuck an buy a ticket to this show.
12:58 PM on 07/23/14
MeltingPlastic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How'd they sound? I heard that their first reunion show a year or so ago was rough, but now that they're actually back together maybe they've brushed off the dust.
I enjoyed the hell out of it, especially seeing as multiple people came up and asked my why i'm not on the floor instead of staring at the screen, so for me to be about 20% engaged in the music with my heart pounding due to the playoffs, I'd say they sounded amazing. I was upset they didn't play another lonely winter but i guess that's really a lanemeyer song
01:07 PM on 07/23/14
boomer08
User Info.
I saw HTL a few weeks ago and they just fucking dominated. So glad they're starting it up again and I hope their new album puts them back at the forefront of the genre. And Kevin Mahoney is a monster on the guitar. I could watch that guy play guitar all day.
01:10 PM on 07/23/14
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Wow. What a lineup. Bummed I'm in Chicago and can't make any of these reunion shows out east, I'd love to see DATF.
01:11 PM on 07/23/14
anamericangod
User Info.
I enjoyed the hell out of it, especially seeing as multiple people came up and asked my why i'm not on the floor instead of staring at the screen, so for me to be about 20% engaged in the music with my heart pounding due to the playoffs, I'd say they sounded amazing. I was upset they didn't play another lonely winter but i guess that's really a lanemeyer song
That's good to hear. Should be even better by the time this show comes around. Still can't believe they're doing a new album.
01:14 PM on 07/23/14
MeltingPlastic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's good to hear. Should be even better by the time this show comes around. Still can't believe they're doing a new album.
I would hope so. Chris was super nice when I interacted with him and you can tell he truly is putting effort into this whole thing. If i still lived in the area I would be there (as well as would have driven down here to philly) so please go and support. It was a shame that only ~60 people were at the hard rock that night
01:18 PM on 07/23/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
If I lived even remotely close to this, I'd be there.
01:19 PM on 07/23/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
I feel like A Day at the Fair have done a handful of shows over the last year or two. No?
01:26 PM on 07/23/14
MeltingPlastic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I feel like A Day at the Fair have done a handful of shows over the last year or two. No?
they've done a few sporadically, mostly in north jersey where Chris is from (~hour west of NYC) I know they've played Philly twice since I moved here 3 years ago so I'd say over the past 2 years about a dozen shows..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos