AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Rocket Summer News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Rocket Summer on "America's Got Talent"

Posted by - 05:44 PM on 07/24/14
The Rocket Summer's "Walls" was featured during a montage on America's Got Talent last night. Check it out in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
05:44 PM on 07/24/14
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
05:55 PM on 07/24/14
gengen
Listen To Saves The Day
User Info.
It's seems to me like TRS has lost a ton of steam over the last two years or so. Am I right? What happened?
06:10 PM on 07/24/14
dorfmac
DORFMAC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I remember when all of the good bands that "we" considered "ours" were being featured on shows all over TV - The OC, One Tree Hill, and a bunch of other shit I didn't watch - but it was still cool to see.

As far as The Rocket Summer falling off, no idea. It seemed like everyone was late to the party in the first place. Calendar Days, Hello, Good Friend, and Do You Feel were all awesome - and only after those three awesome albums did Alternative Press finally acknowledge them as a "Band to watch". Maybe Bryce was always just too short?
08:11 PM on 07/24/14
Penguin
Twenty Centuries Of Sleep
User Info.
He's been writing, hasn't he? Can we expect some new music sometime soon?
08:39 PM on 07/24/14
DecemberFaded
Streets ahead.
User Info.
At a concert last year Bryce said it'd be the last tour he'd do for a while and that he'd be busy working on "the best album of [his] career."

I'm a fan of over ten years and I've never seen him take the time off that he's taking off right now. I think it'll be really special.

He's had a lot of ups and downs w/ labels and A&R people in the past but now he's on his own label, taking as much time as he sees fit to create, and I can't wait to hear what he has in store.
08:50 PM on 07/24/14
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
I remember when all of the good bands that "we" considered "ours" were being featured on shows all over TV - The OC, One Tree Hill, and a bunch of other shit I didn't watch - but it was still cool to see.

As far as The Rocket Summer falling off, no idea. It seemed like everyone was late to the party in the first place. Calendar Days, Hello, Good Friend, and Do You Feel were all awesome - and only after those three awesome albums did Alternative Press finally acknowledge them as a "Band to watch". Maybe Bryce was always just too short?
do you feel was excellent, i kind of lost track of him after that.
09:04 PM on 07/24/14
Grub
User Info.
makes sense
09:08 PM on 07/24/14
ansonoffical
Anson Li
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know his wife works for America's Got Talent right now so it's cool he got the sync. Great guy
09:13 PM on 07/24/14
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
At a concert last year Bryce said it'd be the last tour he'd do for a while and that he'd be busy working on "the best album of [his] career."

I'm a fan of over ten years and I've never seen him take the time off that he's taking off right now. I think it'll be really special.

He's had a lot of ups and downs w/ labels and A&R people in the past but now he's on his own label, taking as much time as he sees fit to create, and I can't wait to hear what he has in store.

Pretty much this.

I miss catching his shows
03:11 AM on 07/25/14
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.

Definitely The OC one scene sticks out the most in like Season three when they played UnderOath, heck even Seths favourite band was Death Cab haha.
08:15 AM on 07/25/14
derekjd
Mr.DRM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Forgot how much I liked this guy. I know what I'm doing today.
09:00 AM on 07/25/14
Kuri44
Bank
User Info.
I think Life Will Write The Words is his best album as a whole. There isn't a song on their that I don't like.
09:43 AM on 07/25/14
Jared Luttrell
VA punk pop.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bryce deserves any success this brings him, he's been making quality music for so long.
10:10 AM on 07/25/14
Me & My Arrow
User Info.
Life Will Write the Words was heads and shoulders above anything else he's done, so it's a bummer that didn't get him more attention. He sounded so much more mature and in control. Optimistic for the next record.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos