AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Anberlin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Anberlin: The Exit Interview (Part III)

Posted by - 07:13 AM on 07/25/14
In celebration of this week's release of Anberlin's final album, Lowborn, we have been posting an in-depth, three-part interview special looking back over the band's 12-year career. The final installment with guitarist Christian McAlhaney is now available here, while part II with vocalist Stephen Christian is here and part I with drummer Nate Young is here.
From the moment they asked me to be in the band, itís been pretty epic, honestly. I feel very blessed and very grateful to have been able to have done this in two different bands now. Most musicians and kids growing up who had dreams and aspirations of being in a touring band, Iíd say for 99% of them it doesnít work out. It doesnít pan out. For me to have done it once in Acceptance Ė toured, been on a label, put out records Ė thatís an amazing, amazing thing. To do it twice, and even on a bigger scale with Anberlin, I feel extremely blessed.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
03:01 PM on 07/25/14
heavyd
noireallydontcare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Christian is a really fantastic, humble human being. I've been lucky enough to meet him numerous times while he was in Acceptance and Anberlin. Every time he was a class act. These interviews are great, but they really do make me sad at the same time. I love how this band operates (including their decision to end the band on their own terms). But it still makes me very sad.
04:22 PM on 07/25/14
uberlou
User Info.
Excellent series so far. Great to read Christian's insight. All of the Anberlin guys just seem like great people, period. The couple times i've met him, i've shared how much I love Acceptance and was glad he kept playing music. Good to see he plans on still working with music in some form after.

A near 2 hour setlist for the final tour? I am in heaven. While I have no problem with the idea of them doing hits and deep cuts for the tour, it would be pretty cool if the band recorded some live/acoustic sessions of some new songs. Would be a nice way to get an idea of how they'd sound live.
08:34 PM on 07/28/14
StewbotTalborg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thoroughly enjoyed reading all of these. Thank you so much.

My only question, why a 3 part interview? I can't remember the last time I got to hear from Joey and Deon.
09:36 PM on 07/28/14
Jonathan Bautts
User Info.
Thoroughly enjoyed reading all of these. Thank you so much.

My only question, why a 3 part interview? I can't remember the last time I got to hear from Joey and Deon.
Those three are what they set me up with. I don't think Joey really does press anymore but Deon's been doing a fair bit recently with the other guys.
11:49 AM on 08/03/14
StewbotTalborg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Those three are what they set me up with. I don't think Joey really does press anymore but Deon's been doing a fair bit recently with the other guys.
Yeah, I've actually seen an interview with Deon since I posted this. Bummer about Joey.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos