AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
08:14 AM on 07/28/14
rbf737
User Info.
Why do all of the scores get the same number at 8.75? I know most people and reviewers see the scores as being largely pointless but whenever I read a review each different aspect of the recording and production seems to be the exact same number.

Anyway I've been spinning this in my car for the past couple of weeks; it's all right but not a lot of replayability IMO. I always skip I Wanna Get Better too, for whatever reason I listened to it maybe a dozen times when I first heard it and loved it, then I quickly got worn out on it and can't listen to it.

A lot of the songs (admittedly my favorites like Rollercoaster, Shadow, and River) all sound pretty similar and the guest tracks don't do anything for me so I'm with you on that.

All that said, it's enjoyable stuff and I'll be seeing them in a couple of months so hopefully they put on a good show.

People should check out his interview on Maron's WTF if they haven't; he talks candidly about some personal things which give a great insight into where he's coming from lyrically on this and many of his records.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos