AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Profile on Producer Mike Crossey

Posted by - 04:02 PM on 07/25/14
There's a really nice profile on producer Mike Crossey (The 1975, The Gaslight Anthem) over on SoundonSound.
"After these years of working predominately with pop music that involved a lot of programming, I had a period of rebellion to it, during which I fell out with computers and wanted to work all-analogue and solely with tape machines, remarked Crossey. "I was inspired by the Steve Albini approach and worked with many guitar bands. These days, I'm somewhere in the middle, and so last year I was talking with my manager about finding this mythical band that blends pop, commerciality, programming and electronic elements with being a guitar band with real instruments, credibility and ambition. I then heard the 1975 demos, and I immediately loved the songs and vibe of the band. That combination of guitars and electronic elements that I was looking for was right there, they just needed someone to help them make their record.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
06:58 PM on 07/25/14
theherox
Makin Music and Losin Friends
User Info.
Great quote! I definitely plan on reading this later
07:44 PM on 07/25/14
ccr2108
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really enjoyed Jake Bugg's first two album. Haven't given the 1975 a good listen.
07:51 AM on 07/26/14
rbf737
User Info.
Most everything about the 1975 is what I strive for as a musician and their production is no exception. Definitely be reading this later.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos