AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Avenged Sevenfold News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Show Review: Mayhem Festival 2014 with Avenged Sevenfold, Korn...

Posted by - 06:42 PM on 07/28/14
Read my review and peep my photos from the Mansfield, MA stop of the 2014 Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival with Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Asking Alexandria, Body Count and more.
The biggest buzz came from Body Count, the rap-metal crossover group fronted by hip-hop icon Ice-T. Ice-T - these days a household name who is perhaps better known for his acting career than his music - certainly doesn't need to be doing this, but he's there for the love of it. He even brought his son, Ice Morrow, on tour to perform backing vocals. Most of the crowd seemed to go to the set purely out of curiosity, but it didn't take long for them to get roped in by Ice's showmanship.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
06:57 PM on 07/28/14
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I saw MushroomHead when I was a sophomore in high school, so 13 or 14 years ago. Weird live show, very dark.
08:18 PM on 07/28/14
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
These are great pics, what camera/equipment do you use?
01:52 AM on 07/29/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
These are great pics, what camera/equipment do you use?
Thanks! I shoot on a 7D with a Canon 17-55mm lens.
07:15 AM on 07/29/14
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Avenged sevenfold is so rich now
09:04 AM on 07/29/14
bowbzzz
User Info.
Would have been nice if you caught some actual metal bands (lol jk).

were those theonly ones you saw? I'm curious as to how so.e of the smaller bands did, like king 810 and stuff.
09:39 AM on 07/29/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

were those theonly ones you saw? I'm curious as to how so.e of the smaller bands did, like king 810 and stuff.
Did you read the review? I mention a lot more bands, plus I didn't write about every act I saw. Didn't get there in time to see King 810 (nor do I have any interest in seeing them), but if there's anyone else in particular you're curious about, let me know and I'll tell you what I remember.
10:24 AM on 07/29/14
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
I saw Avenged Sevenfold a couple months back at ROTR here in Columbus, and it was cool. I might not like the band's new music as much, but they still put on an awesome show every time.

I'm just curious as to what the hell Shadows did to this hair lol.
10:24 AM on 07/29/14
superBMRuth
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit
User Info.
I want to talk shit about Body Count, but I'm not a hard fucker of mothers and would just end up getting sprayed with a-k.
10:27 AM on 07/29/14
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
nice lil review. thanks bruh
11:31 AM on 07/29/14
bowbzzz
User Info.
Did you read the review? I mention a lot more bands, plus I didn't write about every act I saw. Didn't get there in time to see King 810 (nor do I have any interest in seeing them), but if there's anyone else in particular you're curious about, let me know and I'll tell you what I remember.
Yeah I read the review, that's why I was asking if you only saw the bands you reviewed on. I would have seen them just for the pure entertainment factor and to see how the crowd reacted. I imagine the crowd would react kind of negatively towards them and Emmure given their nu-metal ways. Also it would be interesting to see if there was any backlash towards UABB for their recent publicity stunt.
11:33 AM on 07/29/14
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.

I covered the STL date for Kill The Music and covered most of the bands on the bill. King 810 was awful.
11:34 AM on 07/29/14
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Thanks! I shoot on a 7D with a Canon 17-55mm lens.
How much does a setup like that set you back?
11:38 AM on 07/29/14
bowbzzz
User Info.
I covered the STL date for Kill The Music and covered most of the bands on the bill. King 810 was awful.
I could imagine. I listened to one of their songs and it had the worst song structure ever. It was some cheesy breakdown screaming kill em all over it. Was there any blacklash for Upon a Burning Body cause of thir publicity stunt?
11:39 AM on 07/29/14
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
just curious, how filled/empty was the venue? This tour is coming to NY tomorrow and by the looks of the livenation ticket map the show hasnt even sold 1/4 of the seats.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos