AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Steel Train News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Jack Antonoff Posts Song Meanings On Yelp

Posted by - 12:08 PM on 07/29/14
Jack Antonoff of Bleachers has done something pretty cool for fans of his new album, Strange Desire. He's gone on Yelp and detailed where he was and the meaning behind each song on his band's excellent new album. Check it out here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
12:12 PM on 07/29/14
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
He posted links to a couple of them on Facebook as they were being written and I remember thinking this was such an awesome idea. Jack and whomever else helped formulate all the marketing for this album have really raised the bar.
12:18 PM on 07/29/14
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Woo, Montreal!
12:25 PM on 07/29/14
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.
Is the album actually worth listening to? Is it hopefully nothing like Some Nights?
12:45 PM on 07/29/14
Nardes
User Info.
Is the album actually worth listening to? Is it hopefully nothing like Some Nights?
It's an excellent album... But if you didn't like Some Nights, then don't bother. Same electronic/indie/pop/rock feel. Its a good mahsup of fun. and Steel Train
12:50 PM on 07/29/14
Sikbeat37
You like music too? Woah.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Completely different. Aside from the song with Grimes, this album has a much older feel to it. Think Phil Collins meets the Smiths meets any New York punk band (for some grit and group chants).

I've always been partial to Antonoff as a songwriter since Steel Train, so I may be biased. I also prefer his vocals to Nate Ruess'. If you like the aforementioned artists or, say, the Cars, then I would check it out. I certainly wouldn't compare to fun. though - they're a lot more theatrical and Queen-ish.
12:57 PM on 07/29/14
fireworksordie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's an excellent album... But if you didn't like Some Nights, then don't bother. Same electronic/indie/pop/rock feel. Its a good mahsup of fun. and Steel Train
Can't say I agree- I was never a fan of Some Nights but Strange Desire has been on repeat for the last couple weeks.
12:59 PM on 07/29/14
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
very cool
01:04 PM on 07/29/14
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm totally gonna check this album out. I just heard "I Wanna Get Better" like 20 minutes ago and I love that song
02:20 PM on 07/29/14
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
PS - I think it's time to incorporate a Bleachers icon. This shouldn't be tagged Steel Train, man.
02:41 PM on 07/29/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
This album rules and I wanna get better should be everywhere right now.
02:48 PM on 07/29/14
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.

Disagree. Not really a fan of Some Nights or fun. in general really.. but this album is killer.

"Rollercoaster" is such a jam.
02:50 PM on 07/29/14
davecerv
davecerv
User Info.
I really like some songs in the album.
I love the 80's feel it has and I almost sounds like I've heard some of the melodies somewhere else before.
I dislike fun. I don't like Nate's voice.
06:04 PM on 07/29/14
quiksilver21k
User Info.
I really like some songs in the album.
I love the 80's feel it has and I almost sounds like I've heard some of the melodies somewhere else before.
I dislike fun. I don't like Nate's voice.
The Format, man!!! THE FORMAT!!!

Totally kidding - I personally love Nate's voice but it is VERY unique. I can see how it would take some getting used to and/or being an acquired taste.
06:05 PM on 07/29/14
quiksilver21k
User Info.
I'm totally gonna check this album out. I just heard "I Wanna Get Better" like 20 minutes ago and I love that song
Really, really great album. I recommend "Rollercoaster" and "Wake Me" to get a better feel for what the album has to offer.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos