AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Gerard Way Announces Solo Album Release Date

Posted by - 06:37 AM on 07/30/14
Gerard Way will be releasing Hesitant Alien on September 30th via Warner Bros. Records. Hit the replies to read the full press release.

Track Listing:
01) Bureau
02) Action Cat
03) No Shows
04) Casting Shadows
05) Millions
06) Zero Zero
07) Juarez
08) Drugstore Perfume
09) Get The Gang Together
10) How’s It Going To Be
11) Maya The Psychic

Submitted by SpyKi

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 44
06:37 AM on 07/30/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
GERARD WAY TO RELEASE DEBUT SOLO ALBUM, HESITANT ALIEN, ON SEPTEMBER 30TH ON WARNER BROS. RECORDS

Former My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way will release his debut solo album, entitled Hesitant Alien, on September 30th via Warner Bros. Records. The new album will be available for pre-order at all digital retailers beginning Tuesday, August 19th. Exclusive album bundles will also be available for pre-order on GerardWay.com on the same date. Fans who pre-order the album will receive the track “No Shows” instantly as a free download. The music video for “No Shows” will also be released on August 19th. Please see below for the full track-listing.

Working with producer Doug McKean, Way knew immediately what he wanted Hesitant Alien to sound like. “I wanted to make the small things sound big,” he says. “My intention was to make 100 percent uncompromised art, using the currently least radio-friendly instrument, the guitar. I knew there would be lots of fuzz pedals. I knew I would play Fender instruments. I knew I would look at who my guitar heroes were in art school, Mary Timony and Carrie Brownstein, and I drew a lot of influence from shoe-gaze and Britpop. I want the record to sonically galvanize people.” Hesitant Alien was mixed by Tchad Blake (Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys).

Lyrically, Way wrote about what he knew at the time, “which was struggle, beginnings, finding a newness in the mundane and the abstract,” he says. “I looked to the Britpop poets like Jarvis Cocker and Damon Albarn, drawing upon every day life. I also experimented with the abstract, and looked at Frank Black’s work both with the Pixies, and as a solo artist. There was no concept and no call-to-arms.

Fans will get their first listen to some of the songs on Hesitant Alien when Way performs his first solo shows at the Reading and Leeds Festivals in England. He will perform at Reading on August 22nd and at Leeds on August 23rd.
06:53 AM on 07/30/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
Channeling Jarvis Cocker? Count me in.
07:03 AM on 07/30/14
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
Can't wait.
07:14 AM on 07/30/14
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
High hopes.
07:17 AM on 07/30/14
brent_ster
My Dinosaur Life
User Info.
Sounds interesting, looking forward to listening.
07:21 AM on 07/30/14
letsgoflyers
User Info.
Color me intrigued.

"My intention was to make 100 percent uncompromised art, using the currently least radio-friendly instrument, the guitar."

That statement is very sad but true. WE NEED TO BRING BACK THE GUITAR!
07:23 AM on 07/30/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Color me intrigued.

"My intention was to make 100 percent uncompromised art, using the currently least radio-friendly instrument, the guitar."

That statement is very sad but true. WE NEED TO BRING BACK THE GUITAR!
why is it sad? what makes the guitar reign supreme over other instruments? i dont get it
07:31 AM on 07/30/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Very excited.
07:33 AM on 07/30/14
harveyn590
User Info.
why is it sad? what makes the guitar reign supreme over other instruments? i dont get it
come on man, you post on this site dont got an emotional attachment to it?
07:34 AM on 07/30/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
come on man, you post on this site dont got an emotional attachment to it?
having an emotional attachment to the very broad, overarching idea of guitars in music seems....weird
07:35 AM on 07/30/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
and like, im a guitarist...i also produce electronic music. i dont get why the two ideas are constantly at war with each other.
07:35 AM on 07/30/14
Sakarazu
Just a little nervous from the fall
User Info.
i prefer most instruments to the guitar tbh
08:16 AM on 07/30/14
rbf737
User Info.
Nice to see at least one 3eB cover on there.
08:16 AM on 07/30/14
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.

yeah I dont understand that either but it does bum me out when drums are completely drowned out on albums.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos