AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Money News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

House of Heroes Launch IndieGoGo For Full Length

Posted by - 03:05 PM on 07/30/14
House of Heroes have started and IndieGoGo for their next full-length album.
We want to make a true concept album. A story.
Often times we'd discuss how fun it would be to do this, but we never followed through for several reasons. Fear of total commercial failure, the grandiose scope of the whole thing, the fact that it's not the 70's anymore and it's hard enough to hold someones attention for one song, let alone an entire album. But we believe that we've found a group of fans that are craving this very thing from us, and we are now inviting you to join us as we move forward into the next chapter of House of Heroes.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51
03:10 PM on 07/30/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
The End is Not The End wasn't a true concept album?

Rewards seem pricey. $100 to get vinyl that might not actually get made? Wish they used the kickstarter "only take my money if it actually gets enough funding" approach.
03:12 PM on 07/30/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
The End is Not The End wasn't a true concept album?

Rewards seem pricey. $100 to get vinyl that might not actually get made? Wish they used the kickstarter "only take my money if it actually gets enough funding" approach.
Why wouldn't it get made?
03:14 PM on 07/30/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Why wouldn't it get made?
I'd assume that if they come up well short of the funding goal they wouldn't be able to make the record, otherwise why have the goal?
03:15 PM on 07/30/14
sammyboy516
User Info.
This is an awesome idea. They've already proven with songs like By Your Side that they can handle stories/concepts very well so to have that across an album would be fantastic.
03:17 PM on 07/30/14
theherox
Makin Music and Losin Friends
User Info.
Can the story be about a group of superheroes renting a house together?
03:23 PM on 07/30/14
skoopy48
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can't wait, in the meantime I'll hopefully enjoy this new ep.
03:28 PM on 07/30/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'd assume that if they come up well short of the funding goal they wouldn't be able to make the record, otherwise why have the goal?
Pretty sure you have to have *a* goal to do this kind of thing -- seems like they would take the # of things you can 'buy' and multiple it by the dollar amounts or something. I didn't read anything that led me to believe if you pledged for a reward you wouldn't get it. And I can personally vouch for the character of the band and say I don't see anyone they'd go full Payne on any fans.
03:32 PM on 07/30/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Pretty sure you have to have *a* goal to do this kind of thing -- seems like they would take the # of things you can 'buy' and multiple it by the dollar amounts or something. I didn't read anything that led me to believe if you pledged for a reward you wouldn't get it. And I can personally vouch for the character of the band and say I don't see anyone they'd go full Payne on any fans.
Hrm okay. Yeah, I have no worries about them blowing the money, I just assumed they'd need to reach the goal to get the record made.

Also speaking of Payne, these guys have already raised as much as the Floodlove project
03:35 PM on 07/30/14
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
Backed.
03:45 PM on 07/30/14
Nardes
User Info.
I backed the physical cd. Wanted to do the vinyl but $100 is out of my price range unfortunately. Don't quite understand how they have the vinyl only for $100 and then the vinyl, cd, tshirt, and sweatshirt for $125
03:58 PM on 07/30/14
Quijiba
User Info.
I really want the handwritten lyrics... gonna have to find $70 somewhere!
04:02 PM on 07/30/14
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
I backed the physical cd. Wanted to do the vinyl but $100 is out of my price range unfortunately. Don't quite understand how they have the vinyl only for $100 and then the vinyl, cd, tshirt, and sweatshirt for $125

The $100 package includes the cd and the shirt.
04:12 PM on 07/30/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Can the story be about a group of superheroes renting a house together?
I'm into it
04:20 PM on 07/30/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I don't use Snapchat, but that "SnapChat every day from the studio" is a pretty cool option for them that's easy to do

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos