AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Turnover Stream "Disintegration"

Posted by - 08:38 AM on 07/31/14
Check out Turnover slowburning "Disintegration" at Brooklyn Vegan. It's from the band's Blue Dream 7", out August 26, which you can pre-order now.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
08:50 AM on 07/31/14
ballroomtrance
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This song is vastly different from anything off of Magnolia but it's extremely well done and I'm hoping this gives them a bit more exposure. This band is severely underrated.
08:51 AM on 07/31/14
SuperSharkWeek
www.twitter.com/goawaytkus
User Info.
Definitely in the expected direction which I like it, but I hope the other tracks have a bit more energy to them.

I think that songs like Most of the Time, and I Would Hate You If I Could have the perfect balance of energy and mellow that will make this band succeed.
08:56 AM on 07/31/14
Fourchordwonder
This is for dreaming.
User Info.
This song and "I Would Hate You If I Could" are such a massive improvement over Magnolia. It feels good to care about what this band is doing again.

Also, when you pre-order, make sure you check the clearance section on Broken Rim's site and grab those $8.00 Spitalfield records.
09:10 AM on 07/31/14
fran.182
Euphoric Disconnection
User Info.
I heard a bit of Brand New's "Jesus Christ"...
10:06 AM on 07/31/14
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
This is great! I really dug the self-titled EP from a while back but never really followed these guys afterwards. How was Magnolia?
10:16 AM on 07/31/14
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
New tour dates too!
11:00 AM on 07/31/14
bakerboy420
User Info.
This is great! I really dug the self-titled EP from a while back but never really followed these guys afterwards. How was Magnolia?
I love the EP so much, but the full length was boring and bland aside from like 2 songs. (IMO)
11:54 AM on 07/31/14
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
This song and "I Would Hate You If I Could" are such a massive improvement over Magnolia. It feels good to care about what this band is doing again
Huh, I'm surprised you didn't enjoy Magnolia.
I thought it was great. A lot more downtempo than the EP, but a lot more creative.
12:09 PM on 07/31/14
Fourchordwonder
This is for dreaming.
User Info.
Huh, I'm surprised you didn't enjoy Magnolia.

I thought it was great. A lot more downtempo than the EP, but a lot more creative.

I was surprised too. I even have a hard time expressing why I don't like it. I feel like there were quite a few bands last year that tried to do with their respective sounds what Title Fight did with Floral Green - slow down, add some grunge influences, fuzzy guitars, etc, and record it all with Will Yip - and I don't think any of them had good results. Jar, Youth, and Magnolia all feel similar to me in that regard. I think all of those records, Floral Green included, range from mediocre to bad, and I enjoy previous work from all of those bands.
12:13 PM on 07/31/14
Zac Djamoos
User Info.
I was surprised too. I even have a hard time expressing why I don't like it. I feel like there were quite a few bands last year that tried to do with their respective sounds what Title Fight did with Floral Green - slow down, add some grunge influences, fuzzy guitars, etc, and record it all with Will Yip - and I don't think any of them had good results. Jar, Youth, and Magnolia all feel similar to me in that regard. I think all of those records, Floral Green included, range from mediocre to bad, and I enjoy previous work from all of those bands.
I can understand to an extent where you're coming from, but I feel like each of those records is different enough to distinguish from the others. Jar is pretty much straight grunge and I'm not a huge fan. Floral Green, which I'll agree is overrated, is a lot louder and heavier than the others - due in very large part to the vocals. Youth to me sounds like a more accessible Balance and Composure album. Magnolia's probably my favorite, because it still retains the pop punk hooks they had on their previous material.

I'm glad to see you're enjoying this though.
12:36 PM on 07/31/14
Fourchordwonder
This is for dreaming.
User Info.
I can understand to an extent where you're coming from, but I feel like each of those records is different enough to distinguish from the others. Jar is pretty much straight grunge and I'm not a huge fan. Floral Green, which I'll agree is overrated, is a lot louder and heavier than the others - due in very large part to the vocals. Youth to me sounds like a more accessible Balance and Composure album. Magnolia's probably my favorite, because it still retains the pop punk hooks they had on their previous material.

I didn't mean to say that those records are indistinguishable. I just felt like they all represent similar turns in those bands' sounds. Magnolia is probably my favorite of that group as well though.
12:40 PM on 07/31/14
Zac Djamoos
User Info.
I didn't mean to say that those records are indistinguishable. I just felt like they all represent similar turns in those bands' sounds. Magnolia is probably my favorite of that group as well though.

Ohhh. Yeah okay, I get it.
02:17 PM on 07/31/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This band has gotten so much better damn. This song is so good, the song I saw them play earlier in the year was incredible and I Would Hate You If I Could is also incredible
07:03 PM on 07/31/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.

Whatchu talkin bout Willis? Floral Green in perf.

Anyways, in response to that other guy's post (hope he sees this), I get (and semi-agree with) what he's saying. It is weird/kind of cool that a lot of those RFC/No Sleep bands took the same sonic turns right around the same time period, and I'd agree that Yip's production has been hit or miss with some artists (Jar is fun, Youth is a bit boring, Balance and Composure is fantastic) but I really don't think Magnolia sounds anything close to the other artists/records mentioned. I personally enjoy Zac's comparison to late 90's/early 2000's "emo"/pop-punk albums.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos