AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

My Chemical Romance News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

My Chemical Romance Biography Coming in September

Posted by - 02:06 PM on 08/04/14
Da Capo Press will be publishing a My Chemical Romance biography titled, Not the Life It Seems: The True Lives of My Chemical Romance, in September. The book was penned by Tom Bryant.
The definitive biography of post–hardcore rock band My Chemical Romance, based on exclusive, unpublished interviews by the journalist who knew the band best. My Chemical Romance is the Nirvana of the post–hardcore generation. As the most significant band in alternative rock on both sides of the Atlantic for the past decade, My Chemical Romance has sold five million albums and played to packed arenas worldwide. In March 2013, their sudden break–up shocked the industry and made headline news in top music media around the world.

Not the Life It Seems is the true story of My Chemical Romance, a saga of the persistence, dreams, and dark forces that drive a band. Illuminated by more than twenty–four hours of firsthand interviews with the band members and those closest to them, it tells the story of an intensely private band in intimate detail.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
02:10 PM on 08/04/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
"Nirvana of the post-hardcore generation" and "most significant band in alternative rock on both sides of the Atlantic for the past decade," is that commonly accepted? Or am I just that out of it?
02:16 PM on 08/04/14
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
"Nirvana of the post-hardcore generation" and "most significant band in alternative rock on both sides of the Atlantic for the past decade," is that commonly accepted? Or am I just that out of it?
Yeah, I've never really heard anyone say that; sounds like an incredibly grandiose statement.
02:17 PM on 08/04/14
timorous_me
http://www.PunksInVegas.com
User Info.
I like My Chem well enough, but the hyperbole in that blurb is unreal.
02:17 PM on 08/04/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
Yeah, I've never really heard anyone say that; sounds like an incredibly grandiose statement.
I get we're trying to sell books, but let's be realistic.
02:19 PM on 08/04/14
walkthewill
Heart strung on the clothing line
User Info.
Gonna be giving this a read.
02:20 PM on 08/04/14
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
Frank and Gerard have already read and approved the book. Frank was interviewed for the book post band mortum so, it should be legit. Really looking forward to reading it.
02:21 PM on 08/04/14
walkthewill
User Info.
I agree with the Nirvana statement. That band have dominated alternative culture over the past ten years just like Nirvana did in the decade before. Slipknot would be the heavy flip-side to that.
02:25 PM on 08/04/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Frank and Gerard have already read and approved the book. Frank was interviewed for the book post band mortum so, it should be legit. Really looking forward to reading it.
Was curious about that. Had a galley sent to me but haven't had time to read it yet.
02:33 PM on 08/04/14
Timekeeper
Writer
User Info.
The True True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.
02:34 PM on 08/04/14
Saint_February
User Info.
I agree with the Nirvana statement. That band have dominated alternative culture over the past ten years just like Nirvana did in the decade before. Slipknot would be the heavy flip-side to that.
02:36 PM on 08/04/14
Solidus187
This is a war, sober up.
User Info.
That's some reeeeeeeeeeeally hyperbolic shit.
02:46 PM on 08/04/14
walkthewill
User Info.

Who would you say has then?
02:51 PM on 08/04/14
doxa_lu
protosteamcybercrust
User Info.
02:59 PM on 08/04/14
kbomb001
Jesus Saves