AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Gaslight Anthem News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Making of Get Hurt, Part 1.

Posted by - 02:15 PM on 08/04/14
The Gaslight Anthem have a "Making of Get Hurt pt. 1" video on Spotify. It's also in the replies (and for those asking, the clip at the start is "1,000 Years").

Submitted by golferpunk1

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
02:16 PM on 08/04/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
02:21 PM on 08/04/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
That riff is tasty. Tastes like America.
02:22 PM on 08/04/14
brentstailing
User Info.
Ouuuu, I am liking the sounds of that tune.
02:40 PM on 08/04/14
june182
User Info.
Can't wait for this record
02:48 PM on 08/04/14
walkthewill
Heart Strung On The Clothing Line
User Info.
Can't wait to see the site implode when the stream for the album gets put up haha. Really excited to hear it!
02:50 PM on 08/04/14
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
Can't wait to see the site implode when the stream for the album gets put up haha. Really excited to hear it!
I'll puke if it isn't up tomorrow. I've had August 5th lodged into my head since they moved the release up a week.
02:52 PM on 08/04/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'll puke if it isn't up tomorrow. I've had August 5th lodged into my head since they moved the release up a week.
A new song premieres on Spotify in a week, not sure why they'd post a full stream before that? But I dunno -- maybe it's a Spotify exclusive track?
03:00 PM on 08/04/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
They streamed Handwritten on the Monday a week before its release. So I'm kind of doubting a stream. Unless that Spotify song is one of the bonus tracks.
03:05 PM on 08/04/14
circasurvivor
User Info.
03:13 PM on 08/04/14
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
A new song premieres on Spotify in a week, not sure why they'd post a full stream before that? But I dunno -- maybe it's a Spotify exclusive track?

They streamed Handwritten on the Monday a week before its release. So I'm kind of doubting a stream. Unless that Spotify song is one of the bonus tracks.

There probably won't be a stream.
03:24 PM on 08/04/14
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
Because bands tend to stream the album a week before it's release. They did it with Handwritten just 8 days before rather than 7.

Not sure what they meant with the Spotify thing, but there is another exclusive playlist suppose to drop tomorrow (which is a week before the album so it could be the stream).

And Brian tweeted on Friday saying "New album almost out. Next week!". So unless he was targeting the German demographic, it could be a hint there can be a stream sometime this week.
04:17 PM on 08/04/14
SingleDoubt
Strangers on this road we are on...
User Info.
I really hope that they're not implying that they won't make another album in the vein of '59, American Slang, and Handwritten. It will bum me out so hard if they're completely done with that sound.
04:22 PM on 08/04/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I really hope that they're not implying that they won't make another album in the vein of '59, American Slang, and Handwritten. It will bum me out so hard if they're completely done with that sound.
What's "that sound"? Cause Handwritten and The '59 Sound don't sound very similar at all to me.
04:31 PM on 08/04/14
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Finally listened to the TGA podcast last night. Has me pretty excited for this to drop.

I really liked hearing the three different perspectives on Get Hurt, especially since Drew had a different perspective to Jason and Thomas. It would be great if reviews could have that multi-person opinion thing, so readers know it's okay to form their own opinions. Seems like a negative review can really affect people's enjoyment of an album in the internet age.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos