AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Release Date News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Sullivan Announce New Album

Posted by - 03:01 PM on 08/06/14
Sullivan will release Heavy is the Head on October 28th.
We discussed our options for a very long time and in the end, we wanted to be comfortable with whomever we worked with. Signing to Spartan was the obvious choice for us, since we had such a great working relationship with John Frazier going back to the Tooth & Nail days. It's a rare occasion when you can revamp your career on a brand new label, yet have the head start of a great connection with your label guy. Watching Spartan grow and then deciding to start Sullivan again was serendipitous. It was meant to be. There is no better feeling than having a team that's not only on the same page as you, but is also eager to grow just as much as you are. Our successes, and our pursuits are in tandem. That becomes more and more apparent every day, and that is, comfortable.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
03:09 PM on 08/06/14
Gooddayz
The dirtiest clean, memory police
User Info.
Interesting. I remembering knowing a couple songs from their previous album.
03:10 PM on 08/06/14
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
There is a longer write-up on the Spartan Records website, including information about the album, but it's got super-flowery writing THAT I CAN'T STAAAAAND, like this:

Tension. There exists no better word to describe the thematic throughline that weaves together all eleven tracks on Heavy Is The Head. The album is a cinematic push and pull of trepidation, angst, and in certain moments, benevolence. The song “You Don’t Mean It,” unlatches the record with lush programming, driving percussion, and Paschal’s use of timeless imagery. At a mere thirty-seven seconds, the album explodes into the first of many anthemic choruses.
Several tracks later on “What’s Good For The King,” the listener experiences a sonic misdirect. An acoustic guitar, charming layers, lone piano notes, and vulnerable vocals open up the track, only to be confronted by a wall of guitars and drums at the song’s soaring chorus.
03:15 PM on 08/06/14
TayCT
Taylor
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Excited for this!
03:17 PM on 08/06/14
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
There is a longer write-up on the Spartan Records website, including information about the album, but it's got super-flowery writing THAT I CAN'T STAAAAAND, like this:

Tension. There exists no better word to describe the thematic throughline that weaves together all eleven tracks on Heavy Is The Head. The album is a cinematic push and pull of trepidation, angst, and in certain moments, benevolence. The song “You Don’t Mean It,” unlatches the record with lush programming, driving percussion, and Paschal’s use of timeless imagery. At a mere thirty-seven seconds, the album explodes into the first of many anthemic choruses.
Several tracks later on “What’s Good For The King,” the listener experiences a sonic misdirect. An acoustic guitar, charming layers, lone piano notes, and vulnerable vocals open up the track, only to be confronted by a wall of guitars and drums at the song’s soaring chorus.
"unlatches the record" lol
03:23 PM on 08/06/14
Youarcade
User Info.
Crazy how these guys are back, I used to be obbbsessed with Hey! I'm A Ghost when I was a teenager.
03:28 PM on 08/06/14
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
User Info.
Fucking october man.
03:35 PM on 08/06/14
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
it's been soooooooooooo long since I've heard these guys even mentioned. Looking forward to the new album
03:42 PM on 08/06/14
dtrzcin
Choose thyself!
User Info.
Weird, but cool.
04:03 PM on 08/06/14
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
"unlatches the record" lol
right?!?! hahahah

Stuff just makes me sad. I got an English B.A., and I'm pretty sure I spent 4 years learning exactly how to NOT write like that.
04:58 PM on 08/06/14
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
amazing fucking news
05:23 PM on 08/06/14
circasurvivor
User Info.
05:54 PM on 08/06/14
jonny storm
jonnystorm777
User Info.
I tried to listen to "Hey, I am a ghost" the other day. It made my ears bleed.
06:09 PM on 08/06/14
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Cover Your Eyes is such a great, underrated record.
06:10 PM on 08/06/14
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.

why am I laughing so hard reading this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version