AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

No Sleep Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Major League Announce New Album, Song, Pre-orders

Posted by - 09:20 AM on 08/14/14
Major League's sophomore album, Thereís Nothing Wrong With Me, will be released on November 4th. You can hear a new song titled "Pillow Talk" in the replies (via AltPress) and pre-order from No Sleep Records.

Track Listing
1. Wallflower
2. Graves
3. Pillow Talk
4. Kaleidoscopes
5. Just As I Am
6. Montreal
7. Little Eyes
8. Recovery
9. Devilís Advocate
10. Bruiser
11. Rittenhouse

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 49
09:20 AM on 08/14/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

Following an incredibly busy year of shows in support of their debut record Hard Feelings, Major League has returned with a sophomore album that defies any pre-conceived notions and defines their next evolution as a band. With guitarist Brian Joyce now helming vocal duties, backed by Matt Chila (guitar/vocals), Kyle Bell (bass) and Luke Smartnick (drums), the band emerges with a new sense of identity, a renewed focus and an abundant amount of energy for their most personal recording to date.

For their latest effort, Major League worked with esteemed producer Will Yip (Title Fight, The Wonder Years, Balance and Composure) at Studio 4 in Conshohocken, PA who helped steer them in a new direction and further explore their internal boundaries as a band.

There's Nothing Wrong With Me as a whole dives into the deepest depths of my person and lays it all out,” explains Joyce. “While recording with Will there were many times where I was self conscious about certain subject matter on the record, things I wasn't sure I was ready to talk about. It was very emotional experience and at times nerve wracking to talk about. But ultimately it's what made the record who it is and gave it the identity we feel we've lacked in the past.”

Blood, sweat and tears in the studio paid off as the band came away with eleven brilliantly written tracks that run a gamut of emotions with thoughtful versus and intoxicating choruses. Song’s like “Pillow Talk,” are brought to life with massive riffs and driving rhythm that reveal a vulnerability and sincerity not heard since Jimmy Eat World got Clarity.

Major League will take their new record on the road this fall for a U.S. tour with Mayday Parade and Tonight Alive.
09:26 AM on 08/14/14
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
My brother, who doesn't really listen to pop punk, loves these guys. I don't get it.
09:30 AM on 08/14/14
whoelsebutchris
User Info.
This song is really boring compared to everything else they've released. I still have high hopes for this album though.
09:31 AM on 08/14/14
caraballo
Gnarkill
User Info.
Those lyrics were pretty cringe worthy. Not really feeling this.
09:34 AM on 08/14/14
Rosenbcm
User Info.
If this song is any indication of the rest of the record, I'm okay with it. Loving the guitarists vocals. Nick leaving may have been the best thing to happen to them.
09:38 AM on 08/14/14
Fourchordwonder
Love was a war worth fighting.
User Info.
Song's pretty solid. Hopefully anyone who wasn't into Hard Feelings gives this a shot. I think the new singer is an improvement.
09:46 AM on 08/14/14
Timmiluvs
Music and video games
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is actually really bad. The lyrics are subpar, the vocals sound flat and boring, and the whole sound is just overly generic.

On a similar note, is it only me or does every band who records with Will Yip end up sounding exactly the same? (Citizen, Title Fight, B&C and now Major League all come to my mind right away)
09:49 AM on 08/14/14
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
so many emotions man
10:05 AM on 08/14/14
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
You could put this in a playlist of similar sounding bands and I probably couldn't pick it out.
10:08 AM on 08/14/14
malschick
time is a machine
User Info.
I like the guy's voice but yeah this song is a real snoozer.
10:16 AM on 08/14/14
Steven Pongrac
User Info.
I loved Hard Feelings for what it was – which was an extremely catchy and fun pop-punk record to jam. I was very disappointed when Nick left because I had always been a huge fan of his vocals, so I wasn't expecting a whole lot from Major League with this new record. I really like this song a lot, though, and I can't wait to hear the whole record now. I'll probably end up pre-ordering it tomorrow.
10:26 AM on 08/14/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
brought to life with massive riffs and driving rhythm that reveal a vulnerability and sincerity not heard since Jimmy Eat World got Clarity.

wowza
10:41 AM on 08/14/14
skoopy48
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I dig the song
10:41 AM on 08/14/14
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
I actually didn't think it was that bad, also I can't stand any of their past material so to me this is an improvement. I really dig the album cover as well.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos