AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

UK News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Matt Healy of The 1975 Talks Life On The Road

Posted by - 03:46 PM on 08/18/14
Matt Healy of The 1975 talks with The Guardian about how he has survived the last two years on the road.
Gigs in Britain are pretty much the only time I see or talk to my family. Sometimes, I feel guilty when I get a call from someone saying: "I haven't heard from you in a month." I think: "Wow, that's not right." You have to make an effort. That kind of thing keeps you grounded and sane. I feel that my family are more understanding than my friends, though. They get it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
03:52 PM on 08/18/14
bencoles
twitter.com/bencoles_
User Info.
I'm a latecomer to their music. I heard 'Chocolate' on the radio and instantly made a snap judgement that they were just another Bastille (for that I'm eternally sorry, because nothing and no one is as horrendous as Bastille.)

Really enjoyed this piece; think Matt comes across very well and it's a great insight into his mind. Their album, for those who haven't heard it yet, is genuinely fantastic.
03:53 PM on 08/18/14
climaXTheatrix
User Info.
I'm a latecomer to their music. I heard 'Chocolate' on the radio and instantly made a snap judgement that they were just another Bastille (for that I'm eternally sorry, because nothing and no one is as horrendous as Bastille.)

Really enjoyed this piece; think Matt comes across very well and it's a great insight into his mind. Their album, for those who haven't heard it yet, is genuinely fantastic.
I don't disagree, I'm quite impartial actualy, but I'm curious as to where your strong feelings about Bastille come from?
03:58 PM on 08/18/14
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
Dude seems so chill. I can't wait to see what these guys do next.
04:01 PM on 08/18/14
bencoles
twitter.com/bencoles_
User Info.
I don't disagree, I'm quite impartial actualy, but I'm curious as to where your strong feelings about Bastille come from?
It's a fair question. I've never connected with anything they've put out, so I reckon that combined with radio overplay has only further lowered my opinion of them. For me they're overrated and unoriginal. Plus taking on 'Rhythm of the Night' is sacrilege.
04:16 PM on 08/18/14
Swerve City
No labels
User Info.
nothing will be funnier in the whole 1975 craze than this.
with this...

oh tumblr..
04:26 PM on 08/18/14
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Hope everything goes well for them after they're done with those exhausting tours. They just don't stop lol. They seem to be getting a lot of weird hate judging by the comments, but I guess it is what happens when a pop rock band gains recognition.
04:27 PM on 08/18/14
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.

It's a fair question. I've never connected with anything they've put out, so I reckon that combined with radio overplay has only further lowered my opinion of them. For me they're overrated and unoriginal. Plus taking on 'Rhythm of the Night' is sacrilege.
And the fact that the singer insists on cramming 10 more syllables than are necessary into every word he sings.
04:32 PM on 08/18/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
nothing will be funnier in the whole 1975 craze than this.
with this...

oh tumblr..

Lol
Some things just get out of control.
04:40 PM on 08/18/14
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
Hope everything goes well for them after they're done with those exhausting tours. They just don't stop lol. They seem to be getting a lot of weird hate judging by the comments, but I guess it is what happens when a pop rock band gains recognition.
People seem to group them in with all the other bands who are trying too hard to re-hash the 80's pop-rock vibe, but I think the 1975 is one of the only groups out of that sub-genre to twist their songwriting in a modern and cinematic way.
04:47 PM on 08/18/14
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
People seem to group them in with all the other bands who are trying too hard to re-hash the 80's pop-rock vibe, but I think the 1975 is one of the only groups out of that sub-genre to twist their songwriting in a modern and cinematic way.
I've noticed that and it doesn't make sense because I can't think of another band doing the same thing as them. They definitely have a distinct sound, which is rare for a band with only one full lenght under their belt. Though I don't know what is popular in the UK right now.
06:18 PM on 08/18/14
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I hope they take time off after the shows they have scheduled. You could feel the exhaustion on that Glastonbury video.
07:26 PM on 08/18/14
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Bastille IS terrible.
08:15 PM on 08/18/14
suckitandsee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lol. did anyone read the comments section of this article. great comments from non-fans
08:51 PM on 08/18/14
smowashere
I am Groot.
User Info.
I love The 1975. One of my favorite bands, and been a fan since their first few EPs. Didn't realize there was so much Bastille hate. I get the overplay but I think they're doing something awesome as well.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos