AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Charli XCX Releases New Single

Posted by - 06:59 PM on 08/18/14
Charli XCX's new single "Break the Rules" can be streamed in the replies. Her new album, Sucker, is out October 21st on Neon Gold/Atlantic Records.

Submitted by abusedcat

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
06:59 PM on 08/18/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
08:54 PM on 08/18/14
smowashere
I am Groot.
User Info.
I don't care, I love it.
08:56 PM on 08/18/14
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Beyond ready for this record. True Romance was one of the strongest, albeit criminally overlooked, albums from last year. Pretty sure that with the right push, plus her recent success with Icona Pop and Iggy Azalea, she can finally crack into the US market in a big way.
09:04 PM on 08/18/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
wonder if rechstaid worked on this one, really hope so. true romance is amazing
09:44 PM on 08/18/14
abusedcat
User Info.
wonder if rechstaid worked on this one, really hope so. true romance is amazing
I believe so, in addition to Rostam from Vampire Weekend and (I think) Jack Antonoff.

She's also been working with Eric Frederic/Ricky Reed and Dr. Luke but I'm pretty sure that's for cowrites for other artists.
09:45 PM on 08/18/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I believe so, in addition to Rostam from Vampire Weekend and (I think) Jack Antonoff.

She's also been working with Eric Frederic/Ricky Reed and Dr. Luke but I'm pretty sure that's for cowrites for other artists.
awesome, those three are all great.

yeah i read somewhere she was doing things for other artists with them. not sure how a dr. luke track on her own stuff would turn out, but i like the idea of them working together for other artists
09:47 PM on 08/18/14
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
I really like the radio single she has out. This, not so much
09:56 PM on 08/18/14
abusedcat
User Info.
awesome, those three are all great.

yeah i read somewhere she was doing things for other artists with them. not sure how a dr. luke track on her own stuff would turn out, but i like the idea of them working together for other artists
Yeah, I'm like 95% sure it was for co-writes. Eric's style lately with the most recent Wallpaper record and Derulo wouldn't mesh on one of her records well either haha.
Ariel's been on fire the past few years, been a fan of his ever since getting a Hippos record back in junior high. Apparently he's been working with Brandon Flowers on his next solo record and Madonna as well.
09:58 PM on 08/18/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Yeah, I'm like 95% sure it was for co-writes. Eric's style lately with the most recent Wallpaper record and Derulo wouldn't mesh on one of her records well either haha.
Ariel's been on fire the past few years, been a fan of his ever since getting a Hippos record back in junior high. Apparently he's been working with Brandon Flowers on his next solo record and Madonna as well.
yeah ariel had a hand in a lot of my favorite records last year: charli, vampire weekend, and sky ferreira. also really loved the haim album. dude is just on fire, his sound is really distinct
10:12 PM on 08/18/14
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Don't love this, but I can tell it's gonna be huuuuge.
11:13 PM on 08/18/14
j4callen
User Info.
Grunge pop FTW. Love that it has EDM elements but isn't over-the-top. Will be bigger in UK than here.
11:21 PM on 08/18/14
abusedcat
User Info.
yeah ariel had a hand in a lot of my favorite records last year: charli, vampire weekend, and sky ferreira. also really loved the haim album. dude is just on fire, his sound is really distinct
All some of my favorites from last year as well.
Really great article on him from the start of last year here if you're interested.
Sorry, I gush on production too much hahaha.
12:37 AM on 08/19/14
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Pretty sure she's done something with William Orbit too
03:00 AM on 08/19/14
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
A bit hesitant about it, it may grow on me

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News