AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

A Loss For Words to Disband Next Year

Posted by - 10:21 AM on 08/24/14
A Loss For Words will be releasing a final album in 2015 before disbanding.
We will be doing one last record and close the final chapter of A Loss For Words journey at the end of 2015. We will announce more in detail the next few days as we gather our thoughts on how to even attempt to explain our love for this band and the support you have all given us. It's hard to show how grateful we truly are! Stay tuned. We plan on making 2015 the best year this bands ever seen!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 88
10:22 AM on 08/24/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I've been seeing these guys for like a decade. Always deserved to be bigger. End of an era.
10:32 AM on 08/24/14
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I liked a couple songs off of no sanctuary, didn't care for their last album. Meh.
10:35 AM on 08/24/14
huludfan82
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Last few band breakup announcements didn't bother me much, this one stings a bit though
10:37 AM on 08/24/14
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
Really sad to hear this. These guys caught my attention back in 2011 when they opened for In Fear & Faith and then they were probably my favorite Warped set of 2012, playing to a crowd of about 20 people at 11:15 in the morning. It didn't matter that it was such a small crowd, they all played their hearts out and Matty jumped the barricade to head to their merch tent immediately after. I've never met a nicer group of guys. It's a huge shame to hear but I hope they manage to tour a lot in the next year.
10:37 AM on 08/24/14
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
Always a great time seeing those guys play live. This is a bummer for sure.
10:41 AM on 08/24/14
lizardlickk
User Info.
i always liked these guys. no sanctuary is a real groover
10:45 AM on 08/24/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
one of those bands I really wanted to like, but never managed to. Their live set at warped tour in 2012 was one of my favourites, and they had some good songs too.
10:47 AM on 08/24/14
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
User Info.
These guys were real good friends in my pop-punk band days. They'd always come to our little college town, crash at our house a couple of days and play our little DIY venues (this is all right around/before The Kids Can't Lose). Great dudes... hope at least a few of them move onto other projects.

One last tour?
10:50 AM on 08/24/14
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
This is a huge bummer. I hope they do a full U.S. farewell tour and come to the northwest.
10:52 AM on 08/24/14
joe.boy.fresh.
Registered Member
User Info.
Everything they've released is great, but No Sancturary is a so severely underrated in their genre, it hurts. I hope to see these guys one last time.
Farva2
Registered Member
User Info.
Love AL4W and sad, yet not surprised to see this. The kids can't lose was one of my first pop punk albums that got me into the genre. I remember discovering these dudes and branching out and discovering other bands like this time next year, transit and man overboard. It's so sad to see all the bands i started out music with slowly breaking up (swellers, SYG, PBC probably soon) as they get a bit older and move onto starting families and lives back home. Matty's vocals are still among the best in the scene and I'll miss these dudes dearly. See ya in boston bros.
MTGT
User Info.
Saw them live supporting The Wonder Years. Really great live band so is a shame.
10:57 AM on 08/24/14
ComedownMachine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow. I'm at a loss for words.
11:00 AM on 08/24/14
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
Man, this one's a bummer.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News