AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Maroon 5 Post Lyric Video For "Animals"

Posted by - 10:12 AM on 08/26/14
Maroon 5's lyric video for "Animals" can be found in the replies.

Submitted by finnyscot

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
10:13 AM on 08/26/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:25 AM on 08/26/14
Fox83
User Info.
Eh. Seems lazy. I can't get into this band anymore, but I'm glad they've become so successful or whatever.
11:21 AM on 08/26/14
GrandAce
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is my least favorite song by them in a long time. I thought Maps was great but this is so blah.
12:13 PM on 08/26/14
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
I don't see how you can think "Maps" is great but this blah. If anything, they're equally formulaic.

Also, they had to realize at some point in the process of creating this song that the end of the chorus sounds just similar enough to 'like animals' balls' to be hilarious, right?
01:09 PM on 08/26/14
theherox
Makin Music and Losin Friends
User Info.
I don't see how you can think "Maps" is great but this blah. If anything, they're equally formulaic.

Also, they had to realize at some point in the process of creating this song that the end of the chorus sounds just similar enough to 'like animals' balls' to be hilarious, right?
Because sometimes the same formula works better than other times
01:10 PM on 08/26/14
theherox
Makin Music and Losin Friends
User Info.
I'm upset if this is the best thing they could offer for the 2nd single...
01:12 PM on 08/26/14
Dirge07
...coitus?
User Info.
I personally like it better than "Maps" in a way, probably because the lyrics (in the verses) are exactly what I'm going through right now ha.
05:24 PM on 08/26/14
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
yuck. what the hell happened to this band? Hands All Over still had a few good songs but the last two albums have been trash.
05:40 PM on 08/26/14
jonah takalua
User Info.
stop using beats & keyboards WHEN YOU HAVE A DRUMMER!
song is decent

yuck. what the hell happened to this band? Hands All Over still had a few good songs but the last two albums have been trash.
Hands All Over & Overexposed are their most recent albums
Hands All Over was like the last real Maroon 5 album when they actually played instruments
07:24 PM on 08/26/14
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Is the track list all plural nouns? that'd be fun.
07:56 PM on 08/26/14
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
stop using beats & keyboards WHEN YOU HAVE A DRUMMER!
song is decent

Hands All Over & Overexposed are their most recent albums
Hands All Over was like the last real Maroon 5 album when they actually played instruments
I meant the last one and and the songs released so far from the newest one. I'm not holding my breath for any good songs on this upcoming album.
09:34 PM on 08/26/14
rsk423
User Info.
They've all acknowledged that they know the fans would appreciate anything.....literally ANYTHING in the realm of Songs About Jane. I don't want a sequel to that record, really I don't. But playing actual instruments and having lyrics that bring power and depth to a song, that would be nice.

The way I see it:

Songs About Jane was the masterpiece that challenged the band to be at the height of their game

It Won't Be Soon Before Long was an extension of their first record yet with slicker production value and a little less funk (bonus tracks were funkier than the entire album IMO)

Hands All Over was the album that tried to "re-explore" their roots. They tried really hard to be emotionally charged and still played the instruments with vigor, but there's a pop element that is richer and more radio friendly than even their 2nd record. (See: "Misery")

Then the beginning of the end............."Moves Like Jagger"
It was added as a bonus new song off the deluxe version of Hands All Over

From then on out, we got "Overexposed" which was basically the band chilling in the studio with the likes of Max Martin and other "hit producers" and just letting them steer the ship. Most of the songwriting and sounds weren't really even their idea. They had a concept and just kind of slapped shit together. I enjoy the album for what it is: a bland ass pop record with no depth to save itself.

This new record will be part 2 of "Overexposed". Someday we might get quality from these guys, but then again, they ruined their song "Wasted Years" by rerecording it for Overexposed. Seriously, go find the original song and tell me which one you like better. Son of a bitch.
07:01 AM on 08/27/14
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
They've all acknowledged that they know the fans would appreciate anything.....literally ANYTHING in the realm of Songs About Jane. I don't want a sequel to that record, really I don't. But playing actual instruments and having lyrics that bring power and depth to a song, that would be nice.

The way I see it:

Songs About Jane was the masterpiece that challenged the band to be at the height of their game

It Won't Be Soon Before Long was an extension of their first record yet with slicker production value and a little less funk (bonus tracks were funkier than the entire album IMO)

Hands All Over was the album that tried to "re-explore" their roots. They tried really hard to be emotionally charged and still played the instruments with vigor, but there's a pop element that is richer and more radio friendly than even their 2nd record. (See: "Misery")

Then the beginning of the end............."Moves Like Jagger"
It was added as a bonus new song off the deluxe version of Hands All Over

From then on out, we got "Overexposed" which was basically the band chilling in the studio with the likes of Max Martin and other "hit producers" and just letting them steer the ship. Most of the songwriting and sounds weren't really even their idea. They had a concept and just kind of slapped shit together. I enjoy the album for what it is: a bland ass pop record with no depth to save itself.

This new record will be part 2 of "Overexposed". Someday we might get quality from these guys, but then again, they ruined their song "Wasted Years" by rerecording it for Overexposed. Seriously, go find the original song and tell me which one you like better. Son of a bitch.
Hahaha so true.
07:21 AM on 08/27/14
ChrisCanberg
User Info.
One of my least favorite tracks from them in a loooong time. Probably in my least favorite singles, right next to Payphone. Maps wasn't much better, honestly.

Band used to be so cool. Now they're so cut and paste.

EDIT: Vocal line is kinda cool. But it just feels like this band is following the 'store-bought soul' vibe that came after Adele's first few major singles got popular. OneRepublic is doing it now, Sam Smith as well…lots of other people actually.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos