AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Exclusive: Grey Gordon Album Premiere

Posted by - 09:11 AM on 08/27/14
Grey Gordon will release his debut full-length album, Forget I Brought It Up, on September 2nd via No Sleep Records and today we are premiering the album in its entirety. Check it out in the replies and then make sure you pre-order it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
09:11 AM on 08/27/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
09:26 AM on 08/27/14
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
Nice! I've loved everything Grey has released and I'm sure this will be no exception. Can't listen right now but I will ASAP.
10:43 AM on 08/27/14
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
I too can't listen now, Soundcloud doesn't work on my office's computers. Does anyone have a RIYL? I mean other than the fact that he's on No Sleep, which is why I'm interested to begin with
10:43 AM on 08/27/14
theherox
User Info.
Nice! I've loved everything Grey has released and I'm sure this will be no exception. Can't listen right now but I will ASAP.
Do you have a RIYL for Grey?
11:25 AM on 08/27/14
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
Do you have a RIYL for Grey?
Sorry, I'm not good at those haha. I've also only heard the first single from this so far but it's basic, catchy punk-ish indie rock, I guess? That's the best I can come up with. His old stuff was mostly acoustic whereas this album is a full band affair so it's quit different but I really like the one song I've heard.
11:51 AM on 08/27/14
theherox
User Info.
Sorry, I'm not good at those haha. I've also only heard the first single from this so far but it's basic, catchy punk-ish indie rock, I guess? That's the best I can come up with. His old stuff was mostly acoustic whereas this album is a full band affair so it's quit different but I really like the one song I've heard.
okay, cool! thanks
11:59 AM on 08/27/14
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
Sorry I couldn't help more. But if you're gonna check this out because you like most of the bands No Sleep signs then I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Edit: I tweeted at Grey asking what he would give for a RIYL and he said Superchunk, Sebadoh and Lemonheads if you're familiar with those bands (I'm not haha)
12:18 PM on 08/27/14
theherox
User Info.
Sorry I couldn't help more. But if you're gonna check this out because you like most of the bands No Sleep signs then I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Edit: I tweeted at Grey asking what he would give for a RIYL and he said Superchunk, Sebadoh and Lemonheads if you're familiar with those bands (I'm not haha)
that's reeeeallly funny. I know Superchunk, Lemonheads by name only. I never trust artists with RIYL's because I think instead of telling you their sound-alikes, they'll end up just telling you their influences...which I don't always care to know. If music I like is too derivative of its influences, kinda kills the magic, hahaha. Super awesome that he replied to you though!! Super sweet.
12:35 PM on 08/27/14
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
That was good! It kind of reminded me of Mansions at times. Vocals to me are Gibbard-esque.
12:36 PM on 08/27/14
joeurban55
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Excited to see Grey Gordon and Fossil Youth in September in MA
04:09 PM on 08/27/14
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is really great, looking forward to seeing him in Chicago.
02:23 AM on 08/28/14
seanwaits
Let It Happen / Sean
User Info.
Pleasantly surprised!
04:47 PM on 08/28/14
untilitkills83
http://weusetolove.bandcamp.com
User Info.
That was good! It kind of reminded me of Mansions at times. Vocals to me are Gibbard-esque.
THANK YOU! I knew the musicianship reminded me of someone but i couldn't come up with the name...definitely a very recent Mansions vibe (Doom Loop), but i think i'm missing the gibbard-esque vocals.
11:25 AM on 08/29/14
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
THANK YOU! I knew the musicianship reminded me of someone but i couldn't come up with the name...definitely a very recent Mansions vibe (Doom Loop), but i think i'm missing the gibbard-esque vocals.
It's just flashes of it - like on "Indianapolis 2008," to me. Definitely not all the time.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos