08:53 AM on 08/29/14
Zac Djamoos
no shade in the shadow of the cross
User Info.
10:51 AM on 08/29/14
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
Didn't take long for me get hooked on this album. Great singalongs.
11:08 AM on 08/29/14
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Sweet video. Their record is one of the best albums I've heard this year, a breath of fresh air.
01:18 PM on 08/29/14
JayDanielHammer
yes.yes.yes
User Info.
My favorite song!
01:51 PM on 08/29/14
Austin Davis
Still on this side of the grass
User Info.
Sweet video. Their record is one of the best albums I've heard this year, a breath of fresh air.
Agreed.
Album of the year so far, but October will see new releases from Copeland, From Indian Lakes, Pompeii, and Stars so it might get knocked down.
02:16 PM on 08/29/14
*dannyg*
dannygcanfly
User Info.
Everyone has already said it, but this band is so sick. If you haven't listened yet, check out their album.
02:57 PM on 08/29/14
WakeUpBlondie
Back from '09
User Info.
Best album of the year so far
04:24 PM on 08/29/14
Chocobo
EverythingChanges
User Info.
Video is pretty cool. Still, I'm gonna be the party pooper now. "Temple of Plenty" doesn't do much for me, to be honest. There isn't one song I'll return to, I think. I'm also not a fan of his voice in general, and the vocal delivery (?) bores (?) me. Not sure if I found the right words in that last sentence... What I'm trying to say is: Not a fan. Maybe I will dig future releases, even if I doubt it. Can't win them all.
06:30 PM on 08/29/14
Zac Djamoos
User Info.
Video is pretty cool. Still, I'm gonna be the party pooper now. "Temple of Plenty" doesn't do much for me, to be honest. There isn't one song I'll return to, I think. I'm also not a fan of his voice in general, and the vocal delivery (?) bores (?) me. Not sure if I found the right words in that last sentence... What I'm trying to say is: Not a fan. Maybe I will dig future releases, even if I doubt it. Can't win them all.
Hmm, weird. I think he's a great singer, as well as an above average lyricist, if that's important to you. But like you said, can't win em all.
07:56 PM on 08/29/14
Chocobo
EverythingChanges
User Info.
Hmm, weird. I think he's a great singer, as well as an above average lyricist, if that's important to you. But like you said, can't win em all.
Maybe I just have weird taste when it comes to voices. Many vocalists that are mostly adored here, like Anthony Green, the one from Manchester Orchestra (Andy Hull?) or Brian Fallon are not my thing. Not because I think they are bad singers, but because I just don't like their voice.
08:16 PM on 08/29/14
Zac Djamoos
User Info.
Maybe I just have weird taste when it comes to voices. Many vocalists that are mostly adored here, like Anthony Green, the one from Manchester Orchestra (Andy Hull?) or Brian Fallon are not my thing. Not because I think they are bad singers, but because I just don't like their voice.
nah I'm not a huge fan of the former two either, although I do enjoy the music they both make (particularly Andy). I didn't like Brian's voice first either, but I grew to like it. Just curious, who are some of your favorite vocalists?
10:11 PM on 08/29/14
Chocobo
EverythingChanges
User Info.
nah I'm not a huge fan of the former two either, although I do enjoy the music they both make (particularly Andy). I didn't like Brian's voice first either, but I grew to like it. Just curious, who are some of your favorite vocalists?
Let's see... These are some of my favorites, again not necessarily because of their abilities/skills: Tom DeLonge (Yeah, I know... BUT I love his voice), Gerard Way, Alisa Xayalith (The Naked and Famous), Adam Green, Björk, Jim Adkins, Tom Chaplin (Keane), Alex Band (The Calling), Ville Valo, Jonsi (sigur ros), Jess Abbott and Cacie Dalager (Now Now), Jacques Brel, Brandon Flowers, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Silent Hill Videogame-Soundtracks), Charlie Simpson, Ace Enders... Some nordic singers (the names escape me), also many japanese singers, mostly female (from J-RPG Soundtracks etc., ha).
10:19 PM on 08/29/14
Zac Djamoos
User Info.
Let's see... These are some of my favorites, again not necessarily because of their abilities/skills: Tom DeLonge (Yeah, I know... BUT I love his voice), Gerard Way, Alisa Xayalith (The Naked and Famous), Adam Green, Björk, Jim Adkins, Tom Chaplin (Keane), Alex Band (The Calling), Ville Valo, Jonsi (sigur ros), Jess Abbott and Cacie Dalager (Now Now), Jacques Brel, Brandon Flowers, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Silent Hill Videogame-Soundtracks), Charlie Simpson, Ace Enders... Some nordic singers (the names escape me), also many japanese singers, mostly female (from J-RPG Soundtracks etc., ha).
Hmm yeah I disagree with most of these haha. I do love Ace, Gerard, and Jim a lot though. Charlie had to grow on me a lot. Different tastes I suppose haha. Can't stand Tom or (don't kill me internet) Jonsi. Don't know a great deal of them, honestly.
10:45 PM on 08/29/14
Chocobo
EverythingChanges
User Info.
Hmm yeah I disagree with most of these haha. I do love Ace, Gerard, and Jim a lot though. Charlie had to grow on me a lot. Different tastes I suppose haha. Can't stand Tom or (don't kill me internet) Jonsi. Don't know a great deal of them, honestly.

But yeah, like you said: different tastes.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos